New Guy

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys,

Just thought I should introduce myself - My name is Marc and I'm new to this forum but have been a Mitsubishi owner for many years. I'm from Adelaide and currently drive a 202kw atw evo 2 (but not for much longer hopefully as this is currently for sale). I'm looking at changing over to a Legnum as I need something more practical than the evo but still want something performance oriented. Haven't been here long but can already see this site has heaps of info!

Cheers,

Marc

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Welcome Marc,

is it a genuine Evo 2? You don't see many of those over here (I'm originally from NZ)! Can you give us a link to the for sale ad somewhere?

cheers

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome Marc! Good luck with the sale, and keep your eye on the Guides sub-forum over the next couple of days, as there'll be something popping up on there for people just starting out on their search for a VR4 ;)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
That's a great looking little car - I wish I had the cash to buy it as a track car!

Good luck with the sale.

cheers

Lee

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Marc,

That's a great little evo... I'm sure you won't have any probs getting 18k for it!

Good luck with getting your leggy; they are the bomb!!;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hi Marc,

Another south Aussie, we are growing in numbers here! With the EVO, you say it was re-shell. Did you get a GSR shell and put all the EVO gear out of a wreck/front cut?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
hey Marc, its about time you got on here! Theres heaps of info, and everyones willing to answer your questions.

G

Unregistered
Hi Marc,

Another south Aussie, we are growing in numbers here! With the EVO, you say it was re-shell. Did you get a GSR shell and put all the EVO gear out of a wreck/front cut?

Nope it has the CE9A chassis as well. There was a loophole open for a while in SA (it has been stopped now) that allowed you to use an evo 1/2/3 in the following way:

1 - Import a full evo 2 and take everything out of the shell.
2 - Get your hands on a local 1.8 GSR that was written off and apply for a shell swap.
3 - Put all the GSR gear in the evo shell and get it approved and registered.
4 - Pull out all the GSR gear
5 - Put all the evo gear back into the evo shell (which is registered a a local GSR with import body shell) and get it engineered.
6 - Again get it approved.

So there you have it! A genuine evo 2 registered as a modified local GSR! That's why it is advertised as a genuine evo rather than a upgraded GSR.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
seems like a whole lot of work! Even back 10 years ago when an evo2 would have been worth in the 30's, I still cant see how this would have you come out on top. I guess if you were a real enthusiast and could do all the work yourself it would make sense, but not if you had to pay someone to swap everything!

How long has your evo been in Aus Marc?

G

Unregistered
Nope it has the CE9A chassis as well. There was a loophole open for a while in SA (it has been stopped now) that allowed you to use an evo 1/2/3 in the following way:

1 - Import a full evo 2 and take everything out of the shell.
2 - Get your hands on a local 1.8 GSR that was written off and apply for a shell swap.
3 - Put all the GSR gear in the evo shell and get it approved and registered.
4 - Pull out all the GSR gear
5 - Put all the evo gear back into the evo shell (which is registered a a local GSR with import body shell) and get it engineered.
6 - Again get it approved.

So there you have it! A genuine evo 2 registered as a modified local GSR! That's why it is advertised as a genuine evo rather than a upgraded GSR.

they had that in a few states, but due to dodgy re-births, etc.. they got rid of it.

ps. welcome to the forums!

Top Bottom