WA New leggy owner from Perth

Everlongdrummer

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brett
Drive
R34 GTT
Hi all!

I'm from Perth and after 5 years of driving a R34 Skyline, I finally decided I needed more room for stuff and bought my first non-Nissan car, Legnum VR4. Main reason is that I play in a band and my guitarist was getting sick of hauling around half mt equipment as it all didn't fit in the Skyline. After umming and erring between Stagea's, I started looking at Legnums and finally bought this one.

1794568_10152251355016341_1197413662_n.jpg
61373_10152251354986341_168385381_n.jpg

Its a 2001 with 120k on the clock. First automatic I've owned so I do miss driving a manual but now the g/f can come pick me up from the pub which is good. Most importantly I can fit all my music stuff in the back with space to spare.

The car does have a few stone chips on the bonnet that I wish to look at getting sorted soon, one of them might even look like having a but of rust. :/ The colour is a real pearl shiny white, does anyone know the colour code, and if touching up will look sh!t when using that kind of paint?

Cheers all.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Nice pikup and welcome to the forum. Colour code is w75 (p) same as mine. There is plenty of that sort of info available on here too. Someone will post up the famous unclepaulie welcome template for you soon too.

Everlongdrummer

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brett
Drive
R34 GTT
Thanks mate and nice to meet you, I'm accustomed to forum search rules and stuff, was kind of thinking out loud. Breaking the ice etc. :p There's loads of info on here, pretty excited to start learning. The car is stock as a rock engine and suspension wise, so looking forward to start pouring some hard earned cash into it and then getting nothing back in 5 years like the Skyline. Heh heh. :)

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to OZVR4! Mighty nice-looking car you have there. Has it got any mods at all?

Everlongdrummer

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brett
Drive
R34 GTT
Hi all,

I'm currently living near Morley but work all over the place, near city etc. Love to join a cruise if they ever exist.

Pretty much no mods at all at the moment, apart from some upgraded hoses, brakes, wheels. I've come from a heavily modified R34 GTT which I did mostly myself, to a complete stocker.

I don't plan to get crazy power out of it, perhaps aiming no higher than 200kw as I can see theres not much room for big mods and availability of parts compared to Skylines.

I'm leaning towards upgraded exhaust first, and then coilovers with some nice fat wheels. :)

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
I'm leaning towards upgraded exhaust first

Send a PM to eyecandy on here about exhausts. I bought a turbo back system from him, minus the muffler he supplied as I wanted a Varex. I'm really happy with it, very well made piece of kit and I managed to get an extra 7kW at the wheels after it was installed and the car was tuned. There's a really nice whistle now as well when the turbos spool, much more noticeable than with the stock exhaust.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Welcome mate!

I seriously think it's time to start organising a WA Cruise or at least a meet haha.

Yeah you can all come laugh at my VR3 :-/

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
Welcome mate. Good to have another member to add to the Perth/wa area

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
It's mostly electrons holding hands back there. Chuck in a coupla magnets and you've got yourself a forum.

Welcome aboard!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Post up a photo of your drumkit! (if you show me yours, I'll show you mine lol)

Top Bottom