QLD New to Legnums and advice please

skylinemike

Idling at the Lights
First Name
michael
Drive
skyline v35, Celica TA22
Hi Guys, new to the page and new to Legnums in fact I haven't made that purchase yet. There is one I'm checking out at the weekend and would like to know how much roughly it is to have a timing belt changed at a garage. Just negotiating with the owner. Thanks hope to post up some pics of said purchase.
Cheers mike

G

Unregistered
Yeah it's a big job and very time consuming for a workshop to do the service.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Personally id say between $1500-$2000 max

Im guessing a major includes (timing belt, oil/crank seals, belts, tensioner, pulleys, water pump) plus a oil change, spark plug, air filter. And that's includes genuine parts

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Also forgot to mention - i did a major service (basically) about 5 months ago roughly where they changed the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, 2 x pulleys, 2 x belts, crank/cam seals and cost me $1200 with genuine parts but i didn't get the oil/air filter and spark plug done as i'll be doing that myself.

Gav - not doubting you but some places charge to much in the first place, for example Meek they charge nearly $300 for a timing belt tensioner (crazy).

And i know there's mixed emotions for Meek, regardless if you like them or not they are very expensive, just go to their website and work out what a basic major service parts will cost you and thats not all genuine, it will be at least $750 for the basic timing belt, tensioner, 2 x pulleys, 2 x belts, water pump, seals and that doesn't include oil, spark plugs, air filter and whatever else they will charge.

I got a local mechanic to do mine and he knew what he was doing so depends where you go really.

Since your in QLD maybe some of they guys there will let you know as im sure they have done theres

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Michael,

Welcome mate.
Where is the car you're looking at located, have you had a mechanic look at it yet?

Top Bottom