NSW New to the leglyf

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Hey guys!
I bought myself a legnum like 2 months ago. I bought it pretty cheap so i thought i might be able to flip it for some quick cash but that old leggy charm has sucked me in! I'm in love. <3
So far i have installed in it:
Walbro
Tein basic wagons
New lower control arms
235/45r17 rubber on 17x8 rims
Plans:
3 port planning to put in myself tomorrow
3 inch exhaust going in next week
Lifters at some point this year along with new spark plugs and rocker gasket.
I have been reading heaps on this forum and have learnt so much!
I havent pisted or commebted anything hefore now because you always end up answering ky questions. I just need to get a bit more efficient with the search bar :p

I live out in central NSW in dubbo. pretty sure im the only legnum around. If any of you guys are passing through. Be sure to drop me a line.

Attachments

• received_10206529266165612.jpeg
    received_10206529266165612.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Welcome. We Somtimes tag along with the Mitsubishi crew and head out Bathurst everynow and then. So might catch up
In a run.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum, Samuel :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13c

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
thanks guys :)
im trying to install a 3port now but having a little trouble :/

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Bugger, you just missed my bro Lindsay, he would have had his legnum out there with a 3 port so you could just copy his setup.

I'll be in Bathurst late next week, so you can easily copy mine too if you want to make the trip.

Also, let me know if you're passing through Bathurst or want to do your lifters, I can give you a hand with them in exchange for you letting me keep the $30 lifter tool to do mine in the future :-P I could even pick up the lifters from steve on my way through next week (you'll have to PM him for a price though) <$400 for the parts from memory.

Welcome to the group!

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
oh, and be careful just throwing a 3 port in, usually should wait until the tune to actually hook it up, better run wastegate pressure until you get it to steve.

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Steve recomended me put it in after a walbro. Which i did.
Lindsay came up last friday sold me a front pipe and coilovers then helped me put them in :)
How long should we allow for lifters. Im going to sydney tomorrow until wednesday. Let me know what your availability is like.
Cheers.
Ps. 3 port is in. Car now missfires above 9psi. Hopefully its just spark plugs which i have and will put in at same time as lifters.

The car also wouldnt start as of last night. When i try to turn it over, it just clicks.
Car is in auto electrician as we speak

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Welcome to the forum and the vr4 community, the best advice I can give is get the lower control arms fixed. Best place to get them is TME. Have a great time.

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Thanks vstar. I replaced my lower control arms last week. Man they were a pain to get out of the hub :p
Next on the agenda is lifters, rocker gasket kit and spark plugs.
Hopefully new sparkplugs fixes the missfire

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
welcome mate,

I had been eyeing off your leggy on gumtree for the last month or 2 haha, was going to call you if i didn't pick mine up. you'll be glad you kept it

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Thanks mitch. Its a sweet car and only getting sweeter ;)

Starting problem was just a connection issue which is now fixed <3 she drives like a dream again.
Yesterday i dropped the teins as low as the would go. The old set up had the back sitting higher so that meant the front bumper was sitting lower than the rest of the car. Now the bumper doesnt appear to scrape any worse than it did before i lowered it.
I think the drop is an inch and a half on front and two inches on back (from previous setting, not factory). I just tried to upload a quick shot so you can see the height but it tells me the file is too large :( ill try and fix it.
Im planning to paint below the brown vr4 decals, all the way around in black and put the tow hook cover back on. Then ill get some good pics done ;)
Oh! And im making a big twin, ported sub enclosure for 2 10 inch alpine type x's. Will put that up when its done too.
:( this box has been the biggest headache

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Current progress on the twin ported box

Attachments

• 20151001_164237-1.jpg
    20151001_164237-1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 11

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
Yesterday i put my car in to get full 3 inch exhaust system. Got it back and now my car wont charge :(

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
Yesterday i put my car in to get full 3 inch exhaust system. Got it back and now my car wont charge :(

thats weird? did they do any welding of the exhaust while it was attached to the car? if so, and the battery was still connected, it may have fried something. i accidently did this to my brothers car a few years ago when i was spotting up some holes on his exhaust, alternator shit itself a few days later lol.

might be worth getting the battery tested and giving the electrics a going over

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
They need to fit an anti surge protector to stop the stray current frying the electrical components. Or disconnect the battery. I would take it back.

Samlove

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Samuel
Drive
1996 vr4 legnum
So my alternator is deffinately dead.
My exhaust place said they use antisurge protectors. Im looking at rebuilding my current alternator.

On the other side. My tyres are scrubbing. Do you guys know of a thread here that explains our guard rolling?
I had a go before but it didnt make much difference

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You need a guard roller. I have one.

Top Bottom