new to this but love galants

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
That is a sexy, sexy setup mate. I'll be keeping a close eye on this beast:) Best of luck!

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Yeah mate iv been quoted 3000 for a full microtech LT12s with igniter and hand controller as im going twin gt2871 turbos so want to get rid of the MAF meter
Yeah im in broadbeach and my car is green

Don't get a Microtech. I have an LTX12S in my 1J Soarer... never again!

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
what ignition are you doing with yours?

unsure yet Matt at Chiptorque wants to have the car so he can measure it all up first .He was thinking double ended coil packs with custom leads given that we dont have much room under the hood

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant

Oh no to late iv already ordered it and left the deposit.What trouble have you had with it ? Did chiptorque install it ?Could it be your tuner or is it just the computer ? well thanks for the heads up mate hope i dont have to many dramas with it

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant

Oh no to late iv already ordered it and left the deposit.What trouble have you had with it ? Did chiptorque install it ?Could it be your tuner or is it just the computer ? well thanks for the heads up mate hope i dont have to many dramas with it

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Car looks so good!

Looks like it made a mess on the road behind itself hehe =P

G

Unregistered
Vipec ecu's are the bees knees these days for bang for buck computers :)

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
Vipec ecu's are the bees knees these days for bang for buck computers :)

Iv been trying to read up on the vipec but there isnt much support for them in the gold coast only in brisbane and im not sure about the tuners up there .I guess i only go with what i know and seems chiptorque have a good reliable name.I wanted to get the guys from CNJ performance to do the work but they were like 1500 more then chiptorque well hope it all goes well ill post all my progress or my woes

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
unsure yet Matt at Chiptorque wants to have the car so he can measure it all up first .He was thinking double ended coil packs with custom leads given that we dont have much room under the hood

*COUGH* *COP* *COUGH*

LOL..

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Iv been trying to read up on the vipec but there isnt much support for them in the gold coast only in brisbane and im not sure about the tuners up there .I guess i only go with what i know and seems chiptorque have a good reliable name.I wanted to get the guys from CNJ performance to do the work but they were like 1500 more then chiptorque well hope it all goes well ill post all my progress or my woes

Where art thou Lee? My car, which used to be Lee's car, has a ViPec tuned by a couple mobs near there. I just can't remember which ones were dodgy and which were good. I guess I could just go check the dyno sheets.... Might get back to you about it if Lee doesn't post first.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Pits (matt spry) @g-coast
Mercury motorsport can do them
Same as Godzilla (I think that was the dodgey one)

G

Unregistered

http://www.vi-pec.com/

From memory, without bothering to google or anything, Vi-Pec is a company formed by the 2 bosses that used to own Microtech and Haltech (i think thats the two companies anyway)...So there's a lot of knowledge and reputation behind them.

Also a handy link...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showth...nounces-Plug-and-Play-Vipec-ECU-for-the-6A13T

If i ever run a stand alone ecu, it'll be one of these. I nearly bought one a few years ago to use in my pulsar but scored a greddy emanage for free lol (present).

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
from memory Godzilla did install and tune the car.. where an 'apprentice' did the vacuum line install and thought there was only 1 turbo..

a question keeps popping up in my head though..

"why replace the ecu if you can tune it?"

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Map sensor and availability of tuners I'd say.

If your building a hardcore car that needs a tune every time you replace a part, you can't always be waiting for someone to fly up from down south

G

Unregistered
from memory Godzilla did install and tune the car.. where an 'apprentice' did the vacuum line install and thought there was only 1 turbo..

a question keeps popping up in my head though..

"why replace the ecu if you can tune it?"

Depends on the level of tune-ability the factory ecu in question can offer. Some can only be tuned to a certain extent/mod level before something more serious needs to be utilised. However I do completely agree and the VR4's ecu will get tuned rather than replaced, but I was more referring to when an aftermarket ecu is required for the mods in question such as an old skool car (ke55, r100, rx2, rx3 etc) that didn't run ecu's and needs something which will cope with the relevant motor/mods used in that application.

*edit - beaten by paulie.

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
Depends on the level of tune-ability the factory ecu in question can offer. Some can only be tuned to a certain extent/mod level before something more serious needs to be utilised. However I do completely agree and the VR4's ecu will get tuned rather than replaced, but I was more referring to when an aftermarket ecu is required for the mods in question such as an old skool car (ke55, r100, rx2, rx3 etc) that didn't run ecu's and needs something which will cope with the relevant motor/mods used in that application.

*edit - beaten by paulie.

Yes thats it im trying to eliminate all problems now the factory ECU wont handle the turbo upgrades and ill have to keep the MAF in that will be getting removed at the first tune .And i tried and tried to get ahold of Mat from PITS but he just wasnt interested so i just went with chiptorque

Still on hunt for a good diff and gearbox guy on the gold coast ?

G

Unregistered
Gearbox should be fine...unless you plan on running a twin plate clutch or something with intense clamping pressure and subject it to constant launches and thrashes.

How much power do you anticipate making?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ive heard from a few people that Matt from PITS doesn't wanna know you if you dont own a Nissan

Top Bottom