QLD New VR4 owner Darling Downs

KeithVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Keith
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Hi all my name is Keith,
New to Legnum ownership, sold my turbo charged AE86 to buy a family car. I bought this beautiful example off a forum member in NSW and drove it home without incident to the Darling Downs in Queensland, over a 1000ks in a car I had never seen in the flesh. I was pretty damn impressed by the time I arrived home.
97 model with a few mods including Evo brakes, Tein coilovers, pretty stock motor wise but has 190kw atw on 15psi.
I joined the forums as with every car I own I try to do all my work and being a mechanic helps keep costs down. This will be a huge learning curve for me once again so forgive any noob questions.
Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• IMG_201507203_054825.jpg
    IMG_201507203_054825.jpg
    868.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_201507203_054901.jpg
    IMG_201507203_054901.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 24

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, Keith :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13b

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Welcome. Sounds
Like a great way to get to learn a new car. A nice long drive. I still can't get enough of mine even after 3
And a bit years. There have been headaches. But it's such a rewarding car.

Why are ur plans with ur new found beast?

reknor

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gridley
Drive
2000 White VR-4 Legnum
2008 Silver Lancer
hey man nice car. there is a meet in qld on friday. pop down to the qld page and see details. unsure if its far from you or not.

KeithVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Keith
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Thanks guys, plans at the moment are very little but to enjoy the car for a while, I have been modifying cars ever since I owned my first one and this one is pretty well set up so I will leave it as is for now. I have purchased a set of custom plates for it which read 0OVR4. Possibly looking at changing the wheels to a BBS mesh style in the near future too. I am looking for the best price on Evo 8 rotor replacements if anyone can point me in the right direction.

fubar

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Galant VR4, 4Runner, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar XJR
Hey Keith,

Welcome to the boards, nice little PFL wagon, is it black or trigger mauve? You've bought an awesome little machine, as you've already experienced with your drive home, maintain and love your new mistress and she should always put a smile on your dial. I still remember the first time I drove my wifes Leggie, it was a wait, what? moment. I loved the look of Legnum/Galant the minute I spied one back in 1998 whilst on a business in Japan and said if they ever get to Oz I must put it on the "I want list", so on a whim I bought one for Kat as a surprise christmas present, booked some flights and got her up early saying pack an over night bag and picked it up from Vegas, so I got a 15min test drive, it was a wholy crap moment - these thing are awesome considering bang for buck from the factory, I gave Kat the keys and never was allowed the get in the drivers seat really again. Little wonder it was awarded car of the year in japan on its debut in 1996.

A search of the OzVR4 will more often than not, answer just about any question you'll have! If the answer isn't obvious then post the question and the community will know the answer or point you in the right direction in about 95% of cicumstances, the other 5% we'll work it out hopefully together adding to knowledge-base for those that follow to reference, additionally we'll keep you hopefully entertained along the journey!

Welcome to OzVR4

KeithVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Keith
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Thanks mate I appreciate the comments. The colour is Trigger Mauve which had me guessing for ages what colour it actually was before I bought it. I had a four and a half year love hate affair with my AE86 and instantly fell in love with the Legnum. I never thought a wagon would be better in so many ways over my AE86 to be honest. The AE86 I always felt like I was driving on the ragged edge never able to truly relax in it whereas the Legnum it does everything the AE86 does whilst being able to relax and enjoy the drive and know it will go exactly where I aim it with minimal input :)

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Hey keith, michael told me you grabbed his leggy :) glad it went to another asc member :)
enjoy it mate!

Oh also from what i know steve from tme has had his hands on this one before so its well looked after :)

KeithVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Keith
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Hey keith, michael told me you grabbed his leggy :) glad it went to another asc member :)
enjoy it mate!

Oh also from what i know steve from tme has had his hands on this one before so its well looked after :)

Hey Shane thanks for that , I havent been a member of ASC for a long time now, still collect just got a bit burnt out and pissed off with things that were happening behind the scenes in ASC and quite a few other skateboard collecting groups on Facebook.
Apparently I have Steves old brakes on my car lol plus he did the final tune on it before I bought it off Michael, the car is immaculate too say the least :) you wouldnt happen to know Michaels username on here by any chance ?
PS sned me a pm on any skate goodies you may have that I might want :)

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Haha all my skate goodie are staying.. well until i find a mint natty jeff phillips devilman :p or the rest of the pp dead kennedys decks..

ill see if i can find his old username for you mate.. i didnt know about the behind the scene fuckery.. i try to remain oblivious to that stuff...

I had a good chat about the car with him before you flew up and grabbed it.. think i talked to him the night you were picking it up. He made sure it was 100% for you mate :)

Top Bottom