kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
hey guys and girls,

my names rj,
i got my purple/blue vr-4 last year and have slowly been researching bits and pieces in regards to trying to benefit fuel economy, +hp and improved handling characteristics of the car.
dilemma == Newcastle isn't very import friendly to my knowledge, and i was interested in trying to get some help with what i'm trying accomplish.

any help would be much appreciated cheers.

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
Ok firstly welcome RJ, u have come to the rite place for info, u need to get to the links stat n what exactly r u wanting to do to ur chariot?

Cheers Jeff

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Welcome aboard, hmmm you want to make it go faster and use less fuel.... now who does that? ;)

And Paulie seems to be asleep so i will:

welcome to ozvr4

everything you need is here somewhere

eg:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?11-INDEX-Look-here-FIRST. (index to lots of good stuff)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?6799-Cyber-Scriber-s-guide-to-Galant-Legnum-common-problems (common issues/fixes)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9330-The-most-important-thread-on-the-forum.-MUST-READ (all the info about these cars and their varients)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?4889-Staged-Upgrades (staged upgrades)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?7229-Legnum-Galant-Production-Info-HELP (production info)

and if you're wondering why you cant post a new thread, its cause you hav to be a donating member, which is $5.

i think that covers everything. again, welcome :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Welcome mate. Get some pics of your ride up.

What mods have you done and what are you planning?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
my work here is done lol

welcome aboard though Rj

kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys
Thanks for all ur responses. In regards to mods sofar
Fujistubo cat back 3inch, Kand n panel filter, removed boost
Restrictor, new platinum plugs an timing belt( pain in the arse)
And just pioneer and mtx audio right through.
Are the rpw front pipe kits the way to got???

Common reliable mods???

Been trying to get pics up, I'm a computer illiterate novice.
Cheers...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
You've already nailed the common reliable mods on the head.
General consensus with RPW front pipes is they hang low but seem to be good bang for buck.
Few NSWelshman use and recommend Windsor Exhaust.They've done a few member's cars.
Removing the boost restrictor will potentially give you a few extra psi. Better idea for boost control is a 3-port bleed solenoid<--click here for the group-buy thread.
This will give you faster spool, flatter boost control, is still controlled by the ECU and can map boost to load with gear mapped boost coming soon.
TME_Steve can sort your tune and boost.<--click.
Oh and really important: The stock intercooler (although already a front mount) is pretty ordinary, as is the rubber cooler piping. I personally got my kit and silicon piping from Ivan (x3e motorsports, a trader on here) but other members go for anything from 2nd hand Evo Lancer coolers, to big dollar name brand cores. Personal preference.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Welcome buddy..I'm in Newy too..I think I may have seen you on University Drive a few weeks ago..not sure if it was you..and +1 to putting up pics of your ride..If you need any help in Newy feel free to PM me..I'm not good with my hands but I can help you out in other areas hopefully.. :)

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Hi Rj welcome I'm just down the road on the central coast, a ecu flash is a must just hook up with TME_Steve he has tuned mine @ Aamir's cars, if you can hook up with some others to share the cost of the dyno it makes a big difference, like the others have said some pics would be nice

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
good to see another illiterate computer user / just smashed the liz computer big time /funny how the screens look like
broken digital camera screens ive also smashed the old laptop works better than the new shit ha

reeve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
Warrior:1998 Legnum VR4 Daily:2006 Kawasaki ZX12R
hey mate, just on the exhaust, not sure wat rpws are worth but pete from newcastle mufflers does really sharp work for very reasonable rates. and he has done vr4 dumps before so knows wat u will want and how to......

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So did Newcastle Exhaust do your dump and front or just front pipes?

reeve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
Warrior:1998 Legnum VR4 Daily:2006 Kawasaki ZX12R
he didnt actually do mine because he had just had shoulder reco and didnt want to do any custom stuff for a while to male sure he came good after the opo, he tidied it up for me after id had it done by someone else which i wouldnt recommend. he did grants??? galant which has now been sold, i looked at what he did on that and it was a very tidy job. pete has done all my previous cars and would highly recommend to anyone. hes a top bloke too!!!!!!!!!

kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys I have a bit of a problem can anyone help?
I have had the car sitting for around 4 months without a drive,
I took it for a drive(10km) and I put my foot down in 4th
And at 3000rpm it was like a gremlin jumped up and grabbed
my tail shaft, there was no increase in speed just a big thud.
Could this have anything to do with the removal of the boost
restrictor solenoid pill, or old fuel? I'm scratching my head cos
it did it three times now and it never did it before I removed
that restrictor.
I get my blacks next week and I don't want issues with her, when
driving more frequently.
Can anyone help me please.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Not a boost restrictor issue, I'd be looking at driveline stuff from what you have described.

Autos are weak, Diffs are weak, Transfer cases are meant to be weak

That said does it drive OK apart from that, if so it's not driveline? There is also a few fuel components in that area, could it now be fuel cutting? and are all the hoses clamped on properly?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Not a boost restrictor issue, I'd be looking at driveline stuff from what you have described.

Autos are weak, Diffs are weak, Transfer cases are meant to be weak

That said does it drive OK apart from that? There is also a few fuel components in that area, could it now be fuel cutting? and are all the hoses clamped on properly?

Sounds like the wastegate feed is disconnected causing it to overboost... (Ie, boost cut)

You sure everything is connected properly?

kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
Pretty sure everything is connected, it just seems weird cos it only happened three times over a 45

kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
Pretty sure everything is connected, it just seems weird cos it only happened three times over a 450km period o

kiz91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rj
Drive
Legnum
Pretty sure everything is connected, it just seems weird cos it only happened three times over a 450km period of Distance, Newcastle to campbell town around windsor and parklea and back to Newcastle. I have also just regapped the plugs so I'll double check everything again.
The car is manual, and when I did drive it I never drove it really hard so not sure if it would be anything to do with the drivelive. All the oils have been done 5000km ago. Is there Any real nack to Ayc fluid? And is ATF MV Mitsubishi spec gonna be ok for Ayc?

Top Bottom