Canada Newest Canuck!

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the world of VR-4 goodness, I have had my eye's on EC5W Legnum's for years now and actually had planned to purchase one before I bought my S15 Silvia. Four years later I finally committed to it and purchased a 1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S in the Pearl White. Its currently still in Japan getting ready for export over here to Canada.

The bad boy was a grade 4 with 66,000 KMs on it and all original from what we can tell other then typical maintenance and a turbo timer. Also appears to be a one owner vehicle aswell. This has been a dream of mine for awhile now and when the right one popped up I couldn't pass on it. It will be joining my small fleet, S15 Silvia and SG5 Forester.

Hope to post more in the future!

YMM Legnum

4uqCzuv.jpg

4LhU3As.jpg

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
66,000km! Awesome. I bet you are salivating at the bit to get her to her new home.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Welcome To OzVR4
And
Congratulations on the new purchase.

Just remember regardless if you wanna keep it stock or modify it make sure you change the 2 front straight control arm, already so much stories ive been reading recently here in Oz and other countries with them failing and damaging car.
Even at 66KM, car is nearly 20yrs old.

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome To OzVR4
And
Congratulations on the new purchase.

Just remember regardless if you wanna keep it stock or modify it make sure you change the 2 front straight control arm, already so much stories ive been reading recently here in Oz and other countries with them failing and damaging car.
Even at 66KM, car is nearly 20yrs old.

Yeah I read some of the horror stories of the front control arms failing, it will be on my list of preventative maintenance when it arrives over here. Apparently according to my history report the front lower balls joints / the control arms that fail were replaced because a recall back in 2003. The blower motor for the fan was also apparently replaced due to a recall of the connector and wiring have a possible melting issue.

I was also able to confirm it was only over registered by one person which was nice.

I'm pretty happy overall especially since its practically rust free, only stuff I could see was surface rust on the heat shields of the exhaust haha.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome to ozvr4!

that's 3 or 4 Canadian's that we know of having a legnum up there.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Welcome Chris, looks like a beauty! I have a Pearl white too and a PFL Hamilton silver (y)
They are great cars and will be fantastic in the snow an ice for you.
Please read through the info that one of the mods will post on here shortly. You've got a silvia so not new to turbo cars which is good. Working on these isn't hard but can be fiddly at times. For example changing the park plugs on your sivlia is a very quick job, our the Leggy, it's about 2 hours.

Keep the oil up to it and it should reward nicely.

Enjoy:p

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome Chris, looks like a beauty! I have a Pearl white too and a PFL Hamilton silver (y)
They are great cars and will be fantastic in the snow an ice for you.
Please read through the info that one of the mods will post on here shortly. You've got a silvia so not new to turbo cars which is good. Working on these isn't hard but can be fiddly at times. For example changing the park plugs on your sivlia is a very quick job, our the Leggy, it's about 2 hours.

Keep the oil up to it and it should reward nicely.

Enjoy:p

Oh yeah I’m not a stranger to the whole turbo engine life and all the qwerks we get with the ownership.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum Chris!

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome to the forum Chris!

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

Thank you!

Update: Upgraded to Premium Membership!

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Newest update:

The car is on its way from Japan and should land in Vancouver on April 18th! Still probably will not have it until the end of the month of April but its getting closer!

Tempast

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kyle
Drive
1986 300ZX Turbo
Good find dude. I'm in BC and have a Legnum Type S and just had my Galant Type V arrive. If you're ever visiting Vancouver Island message me and lets meet up!

Congrats on the clean car dude.

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Good find dude. I'm in BC and have a Legnum Type S and just had my Galant Type V arrive. If you're ever visiting Vancouver Island message me and lets meet up!

Congrats on the clean car dude.

Ive always wanted to adventure your way, but haven't made it that far. I am sure I would hit you up if I ever do. Always nice to meet other Canadian members.

It was a pain but so worth finding a clean one.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
I'm envious. Both my Leggies were / are old, one I have recently sold and the other is rather tatty so I made inquiries about bringing a newer one into NZ to be told firmly that we are not allowed to bring them in now as they don't comply with our emissions regulations any more!
There's no other car I have seen anywhere here that is comparable to the Legnum so I'll run this one until it no longer passes WOF and then face the question of what to replace it with.

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'm envious. Both my Leggies were / are old, one I have recently sold and the other is rather tatty so I made inquiries about bringing a newer one into NZ to be told firmly that we are not allowed to bring them in now as they don't comply with our emissions regulations any more!
There's no other car I have seen anywhere here that is comparable to the Legnum so I'll run this one until it no longer passes WOF and then face the question of what to replace it with.

Luckily don't have to worry about the whole emissions and such for imports. I can't wait to finally have it and be able to cruise around in it!

Update for everyone, the car has landed in Vancouver and is currently waiting to go through the typical customs inspection and such. After that it will be released and brought to Alberta to my importers shop. Once it arrives there it will receive its out of province inspection and any little things that need to be done like new tires and fluid change. Getting closer and closer to finally having it.

Right now I am currently debating on what exhaust setup I am going to be going with and I am also looking at what coilovers / wheels I am going with. I'd love to get a set of TE37's but it all depends on the sizing and offsets. From what I have read people are saying 17X8/9 +30ish range is a good size / setup for the vehicle. If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.

Already have a test pipe so I can at least delete the cat right off the bat. I have also found a ARC intake box that I am considering getting for it since I know how hard it is to find anything ARC.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mmmm Pearl white

as for airbox, we found it best to keep the stock one and replace the element with K&N

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
mmmm Pearl white

as for airbox, we found it best to keep the stock one and replace the element with K&N

Ah well good information, I will do that then. Cheaper and easier anyways when it comes to air filters haha!

Yeah I love the pearl white, one of the nicest colours !

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
As a Former VR4 owning Aussie now living in Vancouver, you’ve got me thinking...

1. Import VR4.
2. Buy dirt cheap Galant for $200 on Craigslist
3. Donor swap the LHD dash and steering gear into VR4
4. Enjoy driving an import on the ‘wrong’ side of the road while driving from the ‘right’ side of the road.

Top Bottom