Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Evening all!

I've been lurking here on and off for the last few months while researching these fine beasts known as the Legnum VR-4.

I currently own a 2003 Nissan Puslar ST Hatch which is the decreasingly reliable family hack. It has 22400kms on it but in the last two years has had the immobiliser replaced once ($1k, ouch) plus two replacement keys and about 4 recodings of said keys.

It was fine until out little squirt came along, but now there isn't much call for a car that just decides to not start randomly, plus room for a pram, shopping and other miscellaneous crap is an issue.

So, this brings me to be researching a crapload about Legnums, test driving etc enough to make me want to buy one.

I have my eye on one that is in Sydney, a 2002 manual for $19,990 from a dealer, but I've also been looking a few here in Brisneyland. I know there are a lot out there as private sale, but I'm wanting to trade the Puslar to help with the purchase, plus a dealer warranty is usually helpful.

To end, hopefully in the next month or two I'll be happily boosting around in a sexy wagon!

Cheers, Matt :)

G

Unregistered
Hay matt welcome to the family. There are heaps of great Leggys out there at the moment have fun finding the 1 for you.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Giday Matt,

You've come to the right place my friend... being a family guy, there's plenty of them here.;)
Look forward to seeing what you purchase & welcome to the forums.

Josh:)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Welcome!

Congrats on the baby and congrats on selecting a fine car to replace your current one with :)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
There's nothing better than the legnum for the family cruiser

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Thanks, I hope to be cruising around in one soon, though I'm a complete MrBishi n00b, having owned about 7 Toyotas, 2 Mazdas and an XC Falcon over the last 12 years.

I'm wondering though if it would be possible for a Sydney member to check this one out to see whether it's worth a trip down to check it out myself.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow that's a mighty nice find!

Type-S AND Manual AND 2002? Dang!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Is that located in Manlyvale at Northshore prestige?? found it, yes it ishttp://www.northshoreprestige.com/used.php You need to find someone on the northern beaches to check it its abit to far for me. I've seen it at there shop it looks good from the outside but i haven't driven it or been in it

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Awesome, thanks guys.

Tom, I figured it's a good find, it's the latest model I've been able to find in manual (as that's what I prefer) but I could stretch to that price only if they do trades, hence why it'd be good if an "expert" as such could confirm if it's worth the price :D

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
That is a very nice example. Looks clean as, and you could almost eat out of that engine bay.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
OMG, almost looks Indigo Blue not Trigger (They said purple, ugh, what do they know!)

Welcome to the club mate. Hope you find what you are after :)

G

Unregistered
The VR-4 badge on the boot looks to be incorrectly placed, so check for previously repaired rear end damage.

EDIT: After having a look at a few more pics it may be correctly placed after all. Although I did see some variation between various other cars too! Perhaps they varied the location from year-to-year as well as from series 1 to 2?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Early facelifts like mine were across to the right a bit more, later ones are straight below the keyhole like this one.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Definitly trigger mauve just like mine go team purple

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Yeah, I like the Trigger even though it seems to be the most popular colour.

Is there any nice member that's close to this car that would be willing to have a look for me?

Also, does anyone know perchance how much the NSW Unregistered Vehicle Permits are?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
From what i've read on here its $35

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
That wouldn't include CTP I gather?

Also, I emailed Northside Prestige and got a reply back from Ben.

Luckily they do trades, which helps my decision a lot. He said that it's auction grade was 4, so I guess that's pretty good :)

G

Unregistered
Hay man a lady that i work with her partner works for this place so ill have a talk to her on monday and see what he says about it?? if you PM me your number i can give you a call on monday arvo if you want.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Cheers buddy, forgot bout your post.

Did you get any info?

Top Bottom