Noobie looking for some info on Galants....

G

Unregistered
Hi OzVR4 crew,

I have been in the market for a new car and i have my eyes set on a Galant or RX7 (series 8, ver 6). I know from the info i have gathered about RX7s they are very fragile as stock and various things like AST, cooling upgrades and hard piping needs to be done on them to get them up to scratch... i was wondering if the Galant was a similar case...

before u ask, yes i have gone thru the site and tried to search thru some of the threads but i cant find the info im after, maybe someone can add the link/links for me here...

im just after:
- things to look for when buying a Galant
- the common issues/problems with the cars if any
- recommended things that MUST be done after the purchase of the car...
- pros/cons
- turbo issues (are they sequential or run together as one?)

also, im new to the Galant craze and dont really know much about them, any help would be greatly appreciate, i think the closest thing to the galant i have driven is the FTO GPX (thats not even a turbo but it did have the MIVEC V6!)

Again thanks in advanced...
NinjaDust77 aka Carlo :cool:

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Welcome along Carlo,

The ClubVR4 buyers guide would be a good place to start, followed by working through the Index thread. If you do find any other threads that you find useful that aren't in the index please post a link to them in there.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Leebutts - awsome load of info thanks!!...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The only thing that goes wrong in them regularly is the auto trans if it isn't properly serviced. They are otherwise very good cars that are kind of like a big evo.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
The only thing that goes wrong in them regularly is the auto trans if it isn't properly serviced. They are otherwise very good cars that are kind of like a big evo.

They are just kick butt vehicles that need very little doing to them to make them as fast or faster than your standard godzilla!!! & extremely reliable I might add provided correct servicing is carried out!!:)

G

Unregistered
ok bud i have a solution for you, the vr4 is a great car so you buy a fd3s rx7 and ill swap you for my legnum, i think thats fair.lol

cant complain bout the vr4 mate they are top cars

G

Unregistered
ok bud i have a solution for you, the vr4 is a great car so you buy a fd3s rx7 and ill swap you for my legnum, i think thats fair.lol

cant complain bout the vr4 mate they are top cars

lol!!

G

Unregistered

Easy solution buy a manual :p Manual FTW

G

Unregistered
These two cars are so different ... The FD is awesome, but the practicality of the VR4 Legnum is huge ... bigger inside, heaps of boot space. Plus a hell of a lot cheaper ?

Top Bottom