NSW Auto Rebuild

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Apparently there was a place in parramatta that is able to do it and from memory they were fairly cheap too

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
From memory, legnum600 got his done at MV Automatics in Parramatta I think. About $1000 in total?

Here it is;

"Hi brad cost me about $1100 12months ago: Fixed wave spring, tig welding & new clutch packs. No need to drop gearbox as there is side inspection cover, one day to fix."

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
MV Automatics is an Adelaide company we did the SA "group buy" through for wavespring upgrade.........

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I've read the threads but i was looking for places that have done it in Sydney from personal experience. Having Steve tune the car and it's acting like the clutch is slipping and robbing me of power past 3500-4000rpm so i'm looking at a rebuild to claim my 20ish awkw

G

Unregistered
From memory, legnum600 got his done at MV Automatics in Parramatta I think. About $1000 in total?

Here it is;

"Hi brad cost me about $1100 12months ago: Fixed wave spring, tig welding & new clutch packs. No need to drop gearbox as there is side inspection cover, one day to fix."

Except you want to make sure they remove the radiator and valve body etc before refitting the input shaft and all the related parts as they will chop off an oil seal in the reinstall process otherwise, resulting in reduced pressure on your clutch packs during shifting.

Top Bottom