[NSW] Helmets

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that Aldi have motorbike helmets for $89 starting this Thursday.

They're Australian standards stamped so you can be assured they're safe for use. So don't worry, most of the stuff Aldi gets comes from the same factories as many of the large name items anyway :)

It's a good deal for those of us who are after something to use just for track days and don't want to spend a fortune. I'm getting one :D

G

Unregistered
FWIW the Aus Standard means it meets a minimum requirement, not that it's really any good. I certainly wouldn't be buying one to put my head in (as ugly as it is) while on a bike. For the odd track day or whatever in a car tho I'd be happy with them as long as they fit reasonably well. I'm probably more than a bit spoilt by my ~$1200 Arai in that even my new ~$700 Arai doesn't feel as nice.

G

Unregistered
Yeah, probably ok for car track days but I wouldn't be taking a chance with them on a bike. Snell approval is something you should be looking out for.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
This is why I said for track days...

The Australian Standard is actually good. Aus. standards are high for most things

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I want to buy an awesome helmet just cos I can lol

Aldi freakin sell EVERYTHING lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmmm, might pick one of these up next week! Need a new one :)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Aldi freakin sell EVERYTHING lol

You're not wrong there Tom!

Each week, Aldi seems to have a "random item on sale" special. Some weeks, it's a karate gi. Other weeks, it's a bathtub spa machine.

Who knows what else they'll sell?!

Just like their groceries though, even their strange and random items are cheap as chips.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I know in some cases they just snap up shipments from manufacturers that other importers/wholesalers have bailed out on, which explains the somewhat random nature of their specials. I don't think this is always the case though.

Top Bottom