VIC OMG Smitty's back from the dead!

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Aaaaaaaaaand hello there sirs/madames

Not a "new" member but haven't been around much over the last couple of years, thanks to career, travel, travel for career, and other real-life related things.

After an extended period of not being here, I am now here again.

I am taking this opportunity to say "Heyyyy, what's crackin'?" to all the old faces and "Hi! I'm Smitty! I don't bite..." to all the new ones, of which there are very, very many.

I have a black 1998 Facelift Galant VR-4 Type-S, with plenty of mods and a manual conversion gathering dust in the garage. It's been living there since 2012 after a) I discovered during a tuning session at RTR that my coils were indeed cactus and although they managed to hold up for a 181kw run, they got progressively worse even with grandma driving(still haven't actually had a decent drive since the tune, no idea what 181.3awkw feels like), and b) the PoPo decided to issue me another defect because racecar, which required time, money and effort to clear which I didn't really have much of to throw any of the three around. And i was interstate for a year. So that's why. Nothing to do with the wife. Honest.

I shall endeavour to pop in to the next Vic meet armed with a sharp poking stick and cheetos, poke about, eat cheetos*, say hi and generally be a nuisance.

TTFN!

*I don't actually like cheetos

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
I shall endeavour to pop in to the next Vic meet armed with a sharp poking stick and cheetos, poke about, eat cheetos*, say hi and generally be a nuisance.

Vic meet. Whats that?
Good to have you back. You should really get onto those coil packs :)

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Yeah, perhaps. Would have to be a weekend. We shall see. When was the last one?

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Last one? Apart from the wash meets i believe it was a few years ago! Even the wash meets were over a year ago.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Yeesh.

Yeah I've spoken to naughtika countless times over the last two years, with full intention of ordering a set of his COP goodies, but every time, shit happens. I'll start small this time (RWC and re-registered first) then do the ignition thing. After that is rubber for the enkei gtc-01s also gathering dust, rotors for the brembos so i can fit them(gathering dust too), and get some paint work done (respray of bumper, dent doctor thanks to my son opening the other car's door into it about fifty bajillion times, then of to a detailer to give the exterior some love). Might get the momo wheel re-trimmed, the red-orange grips tend to wear and look horrible after a while, might change to a darker bloody red or something that matches the general dark-red-and-black theme of the car a little more.

There's a list, it's long (longer than my arm), i doubt i'll ever get around to everything on it (read:comfortable level of wrong) but I'll sure try.

Edit: I really need to change my sig. St00pid snickells.

Top Bottom