sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Hey need some help I have a 1998 Legnum that's over fueling at idle
I've put a fuel pressure regulator on it injectors spark plugs maf sensor and ecu and is still doing it
Not sure what to try next what does everyone think?
Thanks

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Have u tried the O2 sensor in the exhaust? Have u got any vacuum leaks?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Vac leaks/water temp sensor has failed/dead O2 sensor.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
It's not bringing up any engine fault codes no vac leaks and I haven't tried an o 2 sensor but that would bring up a code

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Not necessarily bring up a code, just make u run rich like having an exhaust leak before the sensor too

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
When you say over fueling do you mean revs keep rising and falling? If that is the case it is most likely a vac leak. I had this happen when I had a split injector seal, but it really could be a lot of different things causing a vac leak.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Na it doesn't have a vacuum leak ice changed all the injector seals and everything and it doesn't have an exhaust leak either...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So you've done a boost leak test then? There's plenty of spots they leak, not just the things you've changed.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah it's not just on boost can't hear any leaks bit will check everything tomorrow also checking return line isn't blocked or anything Thanks

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Not really scoped the injectors and it's holding them open for too long,crank angle sensor is fine so I'm going to check the maf and make sure it's to specs

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Just so you all know, the O2 sensor was disabled in the ecu as well, made no difference, tried maf, plugs, coilpacks, leads, bypassing the fuel reg solenoid, no boost leaks, on boost it actually runs like it should, off boost, rich as feck, no error codes. But Dave has measured 0.15ms pulsewidth on the scope at idle, so this is 75% duty cycle at 600rpm if my maths is right. Tried a second ecu too and EVO scan and another scan tool both say it is running at 0.02ms. Seriously wtf?

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Well said Steve :) and it is a weird issue and wiring to injectors is fine too so is time to start checking wiring to the other sensors and disconnecting until I find something :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
left field, still got standard injectors Steve?
And when you say over fuelling, what is it doing to determine that?
Change the O2 sensor. If it's right everywhere else, maybe it has an issue at the low end of the voltage scale?

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
If it helps, it turned out that 1 of my injectors were faulty. I worked out which 1 whilst checking my spark plugs. Replaced it and no issues since..

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
There you go, my gut was something injector related(y)
ALways nice to find a hard fault!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Just so everyone else knows. the op problem was a tps giving some weird back feed into the ecu and causing it to do weird crap

Top Bottom