Passenger window playing up

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Have an interesting problem, when driving along and i want to wind all windows up, they all go up but then a second after the front passenger window winds up, it goes back down to half way and stops. i then make it go up again and same thing happens, it goes up then back down by itself. its done this on multiple occasions and takes a few goes before it stays up.

Any ideas?

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Possibly something tripping the pressure sensor to make the window believe that there is something in the way I.e. and arm?

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
hmm... generally does it at high speed too.... maybe cabin pressure too high or something?

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
My car has always done this too. I have got control of down to a fine art now by just stopping it before it fully closes and then closing it. Just haven't got around to fixing it. Like you said only happens on the highway. I have noticed a some looseness in the window that allows some rocking. It is probably not going up square which tricks it into thinking something is jammed, like an overload protection on the servo motor.
I have had this for three years now:confused:

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Glad to see I'm not alone with this problem. Guess I just have to deal with it. It only happens occasionally so i'm not too worried

Top Bottom