Brent

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brent
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum Vr4
2000 Mitsubishi Magna VRX 3.8L converted
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT (project)
Okay so first of all i've seen FL into PFL auto boxes but i have the other way around

So my gearbox died in my 98 FL Vr4 Legnum
I have found a gearbox after afew weeks of searching but its from a 97 PFL legnum is there much difference between the 2 and what do i need to know, i've searched around abit but not to much luck.

Brent

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brent
Drive
Also just making sure all i need is the TCM/TCU?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
When you put a FL gearbox into a PFL you have to leave the speed sensor on the output shaft disconnected since the FL gearbox doesn't have one.
That would mean your FL loom might be missing the connector needed.

Then again it is possible that the speed sensor is only used for the speedo and your FL dash will continue to work as normal with just the input shaft sensor. I'm not sure though.

Brent

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brent
Drive
I have no idea myself, I've been looking around for awhile and couldnt find anyone wrecking a FL Legnum or Galant and in desprate need to get my car back on the road only thing available was a PFL Auto Transmission so im not sure how its going to go.

Michman

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alexander
Drive
EC5A
You need to check out your gearbox model code. On PFL there was two options - W5A51-3-E6A on early cars, and then W5A51-3-E6B on late PFL and early FL cars. From 1999 comes W5A51-3-EZB.
If you have E6B and changing it to E6A, then no problem, you need just E6A TCU (it comes in steel body, then later version was in plastic).

Brent

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brent
Drive
Okay cool hopefully it all works out.

Top Bottom