PFL vs FL Rear Wing

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey there everyone,

Can I get an answer from someone with a FL Legnum as to how the rear wing is physically attached to the car ?

With my PFL Legnum, the wing itself doesn't touch the car, but is attached to the sidearms of the rear .... what do you call it ..... spoiler ?

So if I wanted to put a different rear wing on there, can I attach one to the car itself with the PFLs ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the facelift one won't bolt on, but obviously if you want to fit something on the back there you can. There have been lots of jap cars with big wings fitted to them.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
If I had a PFL i'd go for a Super VR-4 wing. They are sweet as :)

DSCF2444.jpg

G

Unregistered
the super vr-4 wing is quite large, however it does look good. :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Nah I am not a fan at all of an ironing board stuck to your car....takes away from people going " thats a sweet ride " and makes them say " look at that piece of sh*t on the back of that car"

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Each to their own I say. I dont own my car just so others can have an opinion on it, I own it because I love it! I was thinking of doing the big wing thang once, it's not soooo bad :p

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Yeah you can drive and iron when you stop !

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
So can one of you Super VR4 owners please explain how the wing is attached to the car ?

& they don't have those side arms running down the back of the car like on the PFL either ?

G

Unregistered
i'll take some pics for you tonight brad.
it basically bolts onto the top of the tailgate, some drilling is required.

i agree steve, i bought my car cause i like it, not because everyone else may.

oh and kevin, i've never had anyone say anything about the 'piece of sh*t on the back of my car'. :wanker:

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, it's DEFINITELY securely fastened. And it's weird to see Loki in that state now too Mark.

lokiportsea1th3.jpg

portsea13lv4.jpg

The thing is, the wing (two actually, as you can see) goes well with the rest of the kit (front canards, side skirts, rear skirt)... comments so far from workmates is that it suits the overall look of the car (coming from STi MY06, XR6T, VE SS, M3, M5, S15 and R33 pilots. No guesses which industry funds these shenannigans!).

But yeah, I'm happy with it :)

Top Bottom