Photos of the differences between genuine Mitsubishi oil filters MD356000 and MD136466

G

Unregistered
I went shopping for a genuine oil filter and decided to buy both for comparison.

In the Parts Numbers Guide thread here on the forum it lists MD356000 and MD136466 as being suitable for our cars, and there was a previous note that said "longer narrower one is better" (now removed). However it turns out that they are both exactly the same external dimensions, the major difference being one is painted in a matt finish and the other gloss!

Internally is where they differ.

The MD356000 is made by Toro, and looks like your typical aftermarket filter design.

The MD136466 is is the filter that shows up first in the list in ASA. It is made by Nippon Denso and has quite a different internal construction - it looks like the filter media is foam which is supported on a plastic slotted frame. And the bypass valve looks to either be very weak or non-existent. The dots you see on the rubber seal are a kind of solid, perhaps silicone, lubricant. (Whereas the MD356000 just had a thin film of oil on its seal.)

There is also a third filter listed in ASA - MD322508 but it is specified for EUROPE USE ONLY.

I will get some measurements later, but here are the pics.

asa-oil-filters.jpg

oil_filters_01.jpg

oil_filters_02.jpg

oil_filters_03.jpg

oil_filters_04.jpg

oil_filters_05.jpg

oil_filters_06.jpg

oil_filters_07.jpg

oil_filters_08.jpg

oil_filters_09.jpg

oil_filters_10.jpg

oil_filters_11.jpg

oil_filters_12.jpg

oil_filters_13.jpg

oil_filters_14.jpg

oil_filters_15.jpg

oil_filters_16.jpg

oil_filters_13.jpg
oil_filters_10.jpg
oil_filters_03.jpg
oil_filters_15.jpg
oil_filters_01.jpg
oil_filters_07.jpg
oil_filters_16.jpg
oil_filters_12.jpg
oil_filters_02.jpg
oil_filters_14.jpg
oil_filters_05.jpg
oil_filters_08.jpg
oil_filters_09.jpg
oil_filters_06.jpg
oil_filters_04.jpg
oil_filters_11.jpg
asa-oil-filters.jpg

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
the 466 is what I use on Evo and Legnum. It is great for ground clearance.

Top Bottom