Potential buyer from Fremantle needs info on mods

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Actually I'm not so fussed about the whole black thing, I mean they look great and all, but building a modified beast was my priority.....so if its possible for 15k landed then I might consider it, but I think I could just get a cheaper silver one, and start the modding journey from there with more cash to play with..... goto go now. Let u know what Prestige quotes me later

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ah to give you some idea, I've got a black manual legnum and its costing around 18k by the time its here and on the road. If you want something around / under 15k then you'll need to take your time looking - there's really no way around it.

You can get the car you want for a reasonable price, but it will probably take a long time to find. Or you can get a car quickly that's close to what you want, but it will be quite expensive (think 20k and over for one landed, complied and ready to roll in Australia). Or you could get a car that's available and ready to ship and not too expensive, but it will be a white auto ;)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I got the info on that black galant. It also went for 18K, which is really out of my budget. I'm thinking closer to 12k for a really simple one, unmodded, this way I get all the fun to mod it myself. I also figure a standard one has less chance of being thrashed, and for me having a decent engine is important, more important than the paint colour.

I saw a few old posts of galants and legnums going for 10k, this would be ideal! How often do these come up and in what condition are they? Actually I really should speak with kristian.... sent an email yesterday but got no reply as yet.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Wait to hear from Kristian. I would be looking for a manual galant any colour and see what he comes up with.

Isn't there a cheap manual white one on his site that needs a bit of work ?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I think it was going for 14.5k, and it needs another 1k on the paint min. So this is out of my budget again. I saw an auto galant on there for 10.5k. 4k extra for a manual? Is that the usual deal? If so I'll take an auto for sure and spend the 4k on more mods which will make up for the performance lost through the auto.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
You should be able to get a perfect facelift auto for 15k no problems at all.

You may also get recaro's or leather if you choose.

It sounds like you need to work out what you want :D

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
My preference is to build a fast machine; so naturally the manual galant is the first choice being the fasted of the lot straight out of the factory... not fussy about the finer details...pre or post facelift, pretty much any colour or interior, but preferably less than 12k leaving me some cash for mods... this is what I want.

However, if the going rate for a sub 100,000km decent manual galant is no less than 15k, and the going rate for an auto galant of a similar quality is 10k, then I think it would make sense to get the auto instead. Reason being I could spend the extra 5k I saved on go fast mods.

This way, the 10k auto with 5 k of mods would be a lot faster than the 15k standard manual.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Yeah thats a point Brad,

What is stronger, the manuals or the autos? And what on earth did u do to get 400hp out of your leggie? Did u have to strengthen the drive -train at all?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The auto's are average at best. They are strong and can handle loads of NOS and hard launches etc, but they need to have the best oil in them and for it to be changed regularly. Most of the ones out there have not been maintained and hence I would not buy one.

My car has full custom piping, big intercooler, Autronic SM4 ECU, fuel pump, full downpipes + no cat + exhaust and a few other minor things. The drivetrain is stock.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Auto's average hey...what about the mauuals?

Any stock drivetrain that handles 400hp I'm impressed with....

What did the above mods cost u approx if u don't mind me asking?

Top Bottom