PRISM Forged Conrods

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Didn't see anyone posting anything on this here so thought I might. Interesting group buy for forged conrods!
For those thinking about jumping to TD04's and beyond, ~$930 for forged conrods + ARP2000 bolts based on todays exchange rate. No idea on shipping though.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63101-Forged-conrods-group-order
Hi-Performance H-Beam PRISM connecting rods. Now You can built extreme powerful engine and produce more HP without worry about damage it. All PRISM rods are produced from one-piece forging, Cr-Ni-Mo 4340 alloy, and have special 3D design, so they are stronger and lighter than stock connecting rods.
All PRISM 4340 connection rods feature...
• One-piece forging, 4340 AISI/SAE alloy, vacuum degassed to remove impurities
• Full CNC machined surface
• 3D design offers reduced weight and maximum strength to weight ratio
• Heat-treated to Rockwell C38-45
• All forgings are X-rayed to insure quality.
• Fully shot peened to stress relieve the metal.
• Packaged in weight matched sets end to end +/- 1 gram.
• Balanced end to end
• Supplied with bronze wrist pin bushings for floating piston pins.
• Ready for installation 3/8” or 7/16” rod bolts (see Your application)
• For applications +7000rpm we recommended ARP2000 bolts or better
• Visual inspection ensures that every our rod is defect free
Dimensions of ordered rods:
190 = 19.0 mm (pin dia.)
540 = 54.0 mm (big end bore dia)
1384 = 138.4 mm (center to center length)
pin width = 20 mm
big end bore width = 20 mm

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I hope they will be available in the future, I don't need to do my engine yet but when I do I wanna make it strong :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I would have bought the Wiseco pistons for my VQ35 but they won't make be a custom set for my stroker. Otherwise, very good lightweight pistons with a lot of excellent feedback on the 350Z website in the US.
Yes they mainly make motorbike jet ski and other recreational bits, but their foray into the auto sector has nothing but good rapport.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
I hope they will be available in the future, I don't need to do my engine yet but when I do I wanna make it strong :)

Yeah they should be available. CVR4 was just looking for an initial set of 5 buyers so PRISM would go ahead and make the die I believe. So I wouldn't worry.

Rumor has it Wiseco is also making 10.5:1 CR pistons as well for the E85 boys. Its starting to make me re-think V6 - 4 Banger

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Wow, it'll be great if these parts are going to be readily available. Nice.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
~800AUS but then you need to + rod bolts + shipping. Plus i'd be contacting them to make sure they've acutally made them. There is a lot of info missing which leads me to suspect they haven't made any &/or they haven't updated the website.
I seem to remember me organising a group rod & piston buy 2&1/2 years ago which fell over cause people committed and then pulled out...

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread....ns-and-high-quality-rods&highlight=spool+rods

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I remember reading somewhere that its forged from factory... how good that is may be a different story?

Top Bottom