NSW Prospective Legnum owner saying hi :)

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII GSR
G'day everyone,

My name is Jamie, I'm a 25 year old engineer from Sydney.

I'm looking at moving onto a new platform in the near future, and the Legnum is towards the top of my list of candidates. I've had the pleasure of owning an Evo VIII for the last year, which had been my favourite JDM car since I was ~13 years old.

Here's my VIII (for science ;) ):

qPFQaxg.png

I've done plenty of reading on this forum already, and plan on doing plenty more over the coming months. I'm still unsure as to the specific application of the Legnum if I were to get one, but building a 4G64 has been on my to-do list for a while now, so you never know what could happen...

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Hi, Jamie. Welcome and good luck with your search. Nice Evo -- is that an Evo IX front bar you have on it?

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Thanks Jet, much appreciated. It's got both front and rear IX bars ;)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
welcome dude!.. love ure beast!.

If u think of a Legnum as Grandads Evo you wont be disappointed haha.

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Thanks Derek, I had read through a couple of them already, but it's good to have the full list in my thread as well :)

Thanks Bradley :D 'Grandads Evo' sums it up perfectly haha. It should make for a nice daily (although I'll be catching public transport to/from work) while I build a weekend car on the side ;)

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
yeah.. sounds like me... i got the Legnum as a daily and its AWESOME!... whilst i build up an old AB GSR Cordia

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Thanks Paul :D

It's quite an enticing prospect! I haven't done too much research on engine swaps just yet, have 64's been put in VR4's before?

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
I wouldnt mind a 63 swap in mine. Apparently its not all that difficult

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Sweet baby 4Jesus63 that's a fine looking Evo. Good shot too. Bit of post processed tilt shift going on there?

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Sweet baby 4Jesus63 that's a fine looking Evo. Good shot too. Bit of post processed tilt shift going on there?

Thanks mate :)

Not quite, it's more the Brenizer effect than tilt/shift. I come from a large format background, where extremely shall depths of field are attainable, and tend to incorporate that into my digital work as well.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Right, cheers. Had a quick read and now I geddit. Explains how you managed to get the entire car in focus with an extremely shallow depth of fixed look.

jars121

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Right, cheers. Had a quick read and now I geddit. Explains how you managed to get the entire car in focus with an extremely shallow depth of fixed look.

Exactly. Here's another of mine with the Evo and my mate Adam's widebody Series 8 FD RX-7 Bathurst Editiion (this thing is amazing).

4hjeqIq.jpg

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Great photo! The Series 8 was my dream car. Sadly, it will probably always be a dream :(

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Exactly. Here's another of mine with the Evo and my mate Adam's widebody Series 8 FD RX-7 Bathurst Editiion (this thing is amazing).

4hjeqIq.jpg
Nice they look like toy cars!
So a 4G into the Leggy- not many engine swaps have been performed.
Should improve the weight distribution significantly.
Have you been for a drive in a manual Leggy? If not make sure you do, quite a difference in low end torque which is the Leggies fortè.
Hats off for the 2.4 build, hope it works!

Top Bottom