[QLD] Activities this weekend

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Is anyone free for some outings this weekend? (late notice I know!)

1. The Brisbane motor show starts today - I was thinking about heading in on Saturday afternoon

2. The Holden Sporting Car Club is having a motorkhana at Willowbank on Sunday starting from 8am. You can join the club on the day or just pay for a day membership (~ $50 including entry to the event). I have never been in one before so will be highly crap but you have to start somewhere :) . You don't need a helmet but they do recommend getting a "rally extension" on your CTP (ring your CTP insurer).

So who's keen?

cheers

Lee

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
funny no one replied..

I'll be busy installing 2 sets of coilovers.. and i might be selling my old oem sets.. :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
No one wants to try and squeeze into your midget racer.

Sorry we're busy this weekend. It's the daughters birthday and Mel is shouting me a meal and a movie for my birthday.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Sounds good Pete, would she mind shouting us all for your birthday? :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
You don't want to hear her shout.

Got to be careful what I say Mel's a member of this forum also. :cool:

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
he he he sorry I am costume partying sat afternoon and night and sunday morning....hmmm.....goin as Freddy Kruger

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Lee, hope you enjoy your weekend.. sorry mate, got plans already.. coilover's been due for about 5 weeks now..

Kevin, damn dude.. you should've chosen the chararcter from the "texas chainsaw massacre" would've suited you better.. :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
seems like my coilover install is on hold again.. my dad butted in and asked me to install his "new" car audio.. so i did.. and it took me about 9 hours to install.. thought it was that quick since his car's got alot of space.. but no.. it took freaking forever!!! but yah.. i'm happy with the install but the car needs sound deadening..

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I really need to check out what is happening more regularly.

Lee how did you go?

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Christian, Make sure you do a tutorial of the coil over replacement. I know they are not overly hard to replace, but it would be good to see some photos.

G

Unregistered
Are you guys all from Brisbane? I just moved from Bris to Sydney last year for work.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
yeh, most of us are from Brisbane while a couple are from the Gold Coast

Why did you move? It lovely and rainy up here at the moment.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I really need to check out what is happening more regularly.

Lee how did you go?

I had a great time at the motorkhana - up until I broke my power steering! I'll start a thread about my adventure soon :)

G

Unregistered
yeh, most of us are from Brisbane while a couple are from the Gold Coast

Why did you move? It lovely and rainy up here at the moment.

Dam, how did you brake your car Lee?
Yep very rainy at the moment.
I did a course in bris, needed to finish my apprenticeship and got offered a job in Sydney with moving costs paid for so took the job. I hope to drive my VR4 up to Bris for a weekend or something one day, end of the year or who knows sooner.

Top Bottom