[QLD] EvoOZ day at Mt Cotton 9 March

G

Unregistered
hey Lee could you post the details as I dont have membership there. Thanks did you like my pics on members page?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hey Guys

got another date for an lvma, and i cant wait for it!

for people that havent been before, the LVMA is a Large Vehicle Maneuvering Area. Its a big concrete area, with a small hillclimb type area leading up to it

there will be 3 timed motorkana events running simultaneously, and its an awesome day.

here are the details

DATE: Sunday 9th March 2008
TIME: 8AM-12PM (4 hours)
COST: $90 each
CONDITIONS: 90 dB noise limit and no drifting (they are fairly relaxed on it, they basically just dont want people sitting doing burnouts or rev limiting non stop

i will also need 2 volunteers to time 2 of the events, there will be a free lunch in it for them
icon_smile.gif

will be accepting payments now, payment is the only way to secure a spot
icon_smile.gif

You'll need to join up at EvoOZ to let him know you're coming.

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Lads,

well, you all missed out on a top morning - I had a blast and most importantly didn't break the car! W00t!

I was a couple of seconds down on the Evos mainly due to no front grip (I HATE UNDERSTEER!!).

So wider wheels and coilovers are definitely on the shopping list.

Here's a few pics of before and after. I'll throw up links to any video that gets posted on EvoOz. The little colt went hard for minimal mods (manual boost controller with +1psi over stock). It was perfect for the tight twisty courses. My luxury barge struggled at hand brake 180s as it did at the last one I attended. I need several hours alone in a car park with a cone to practice I think :)

I'm not sure how many cars we would need to have our own day but I will definitely look into it and see who would be keen for something in maybe May/June.

lvma.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5034-1.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Damn,
I forgot all about this. It's so close to my place I could have walked there. Looks like a reasonable turn out.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I think there was 25-30 cars with mostly Evos but also 2 GTiRs, an Sti WRX, a Silvia and some Crummydores :)

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
so mostly 4wds... would have been good to see the comparison. How did the sti go compared to the evos? Were there many modified cars or mostly stock? (i suppose that would have been a hard one to find out considering there were so many cars.)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The STI was probably between me and the Evos most of the time. Not many of them were standard, I'm not sure what had been done to the STI.

On tight twisty motorkhana courses like we were doing I think the driver had more to do with the result than the car. Smooth and controlled definitely seemed to be quicker than balls-to-the-wall sideways mayhem :)

cheers

Lee

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
hahaha... so your balls were to the wall..

Good work

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hehehe I was probably going at 80% (with a few 150% sections) :)

I was paranoid about busting my power steering again.

I really hope someone got some video of me so I can see what it looked liked from the outside. Most people seemed surprised by how well it went which was encouraging.

cheers

Lee

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
good stuff.. i think I recall telling you that i was gonna come.. but obviously i didnt..

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Any vids posted yet?
would be good to see them

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Damn, that looks like sooooooo much fun. Especially in the wet! Wasn't hard to tell which car was rear wheel drive lol

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
The video is apparently not available any longer...

It didn't stay up very long

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
hmm... it worked here at work... must be something wrong at home. will check again/

Top Bottom