QLD Questions

G

Unregistered
Ladies and Ladymen,

What's involved in transferring interstate registered vehicles over to QLD rego? this is a car that's already in my name not a new purchase. Is it simply a quick "I.D" inspection of things like vin/engine numbers or is it a full inspection of the car? Is there a time limit or would I be able to wait until the existing rego was about to expire and then renew/transfer to QLD? It would such if i have a year of NSW rego and then only have 14 days (for example) to transfer over, and then forfeit all that NSW rego. Might see if it's possible to transfer & cancel at the same time so I could get a refund.

Also, how damn expensive are you personalised plates! $445 fee but I guess that's cancelled out by no ongoing annual fee.

G

Unregistered
Thanks mate, was hoping it would just need a quick once over and not a full inspection. Although the car is completely stock so it shouldn't have any issues whatsoever. Good to know that a refund is possible on the existing states rego once transferred.

do you guys have annual inspections or only when defected etc?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Nope, no annual inspections, only when first registering/selling or once defected.
If you can keep rego paid on an old banger it can stay on the road till kingdom come, police only bother defecting cars that look fast.

G

Unregistered
Sounds like SA rego = so dodgy its awesome haha.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
No, it's not as bad as SA. Every time you newly rego a vehicle you need a roadworthy certificate.

Top Bottom