[QLD] Speeding ?

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
As some of you may have seen (another thread) my son and 3 mates are currently travelling from Cairns down to Sydney having rented a Ford Falcon for the journey. On their way to the Fraser Island area they have been pulled for speeding (my son wasn't driving) They were doing about 140 k/hr.

Does anybody know what the situation is with non OZ residents and the payment of fines ? The cop said if they were in the country for less than 30 days not to bother paying. They will actualy be there for 2 months.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd say go to the transportation office of whateve state it is.. and inquire about it.. and if needed pay for the fine as well.. just to get your son on the safe side..

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Better to pay now coz it will go up and up if they don't, especially if they catch em at the airport as they are trying to leave. And really, at that speed they are lucky the fine was only $140!

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Thanks for the advice everybody I will pass it on. The fine was actually 350 dollars.

Apart from this small setback they think OZ is great!! They are on
Fraser Island yesterday and today before moving on down the coast. They are trying to get some casual work on the way. Any ideas ?:rolleyes:

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Man-whoring on the Gold Coast? plenty of rich
cougars round here hehehe j/k

Hospitality is probably the easiest to get into - any of them have experience in pubs? (other than drinking in them...)

cheers

Lee

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Cheers everybody. Certainly my son has experience both sides of the bar !!

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
In Brisbane they should try "Fridays". They are always employing foreigners to do waitering and bar tendering. They could also pass out cheap drinks to some OZVR4 patrons ;)

Top Bottom