[QLD] Un-marked Cop Cars

G

Unregistered
Thats it, I'm sick of police and their sneaky bastard ways. Its time to out them, put down the make, model, colour and any distinguishing features of any un-marked cop cars you've seen on Queensland roads and put the location you saw them in the title to the post.

EDIT: Google map of speed tap locations added to first post.

Seeing as we are naming and shaming unmarked cars, why not name and shame speed trap locations as well.

[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=108980055119171994124.00046ec5a97cc3c23c072&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;spn=49.862997,79.013672&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=108980055119171994124.00046ec5a97cc3c23c072&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;spn=49.862997,79.013672&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Queensland Speed Traps</a> in a larger map</small>[/gmap]

DISCLAIMER: Speeding is illegal and OzVR4.com does not condone speeding. This resource should only be used for non-illegal activities... ...like checking the accuracy of your speedo' :p

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
On ya Brocky..... I'll make sure I have a brwose through this before I come up there!

G

Unregistered
Springbrook

One to look out for Dawso

Holden Ute SS Lime Green

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Was thinking of posting the same sort of thing this morning Brocky when i saw a 6th gen Golf GTI Black pulled over a guy heading south on the M1 @ Palm Beach

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
maroon liberty on gateway

black golf around the wynnum area on the gateway

also a ditinguishin feature is to dealer surround on the plates, usually all the new cars have a dealer numberplate surround, cop cars dont...also one or two little aerials on the back

G

Unregistered
Black SS Ute and Balck Golf GTI North of Gold Coast on M1, Silver VE SV6 Logan Rd Mt Gravatt, Black VE SV6 (this one got me at night on sugar mill rd, Brisbane Airport). Sometimes you can spot them by the extra aerials they need like Paul said. Numerous Falcons / Aurions seen parked up in Tank St in Brisbane next to their HQ...

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey fellas, I spent 10 years fitting out police cars for victoria police.

Things to look out for are:
long steel whip usually a boot mount(uhf radio)
7-8 inch black whip window mount(vhf radio)
led lights on parcel shelf, dash, grill, rear vision mirror & top\bottom tailgate lights.
MDN (mobile data network) aerial 16 inch black with coil in the center window mount.

I hope these things can help people spot out some cop cars on the road.
Look out for new cars with aerials on the front and rear window plus boot and guard mount aerials. Also alot of unmarked cars have uniformed members driving them.
One more thing the aerial for the silver eagle radar they use on unmarked cars usually sits on the center of the dash or outside the rear r/h window.

Radar detectors from the USA can detect any police radar or laser. These radar detectors are undetectable, I know cos I had one. The only thing they are very hard to get through Australian customs.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
GTI isn't available in 6th gen yet... :p

:p Yourself ! I have no idea what gen the thing was, i just done a quick googlebot search and plucked that number out of cyber space. BLACK GTI GOLF Gen ( insert number here )

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Black/grey Chrysler 300C, Seen around Toowoomba.
Silver VW Golf GTI (Not the latest model but the one before), Seen around Toowoomba.
Gunmetal Grey Honda Accord (Latest Model), Seen between Twoomba and Oakey.

They are soo sneaky in QLD. In canberra they usually roll around in new Holdens, Fords and Toyotas

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
saw a Passat R32 Silver in Color.. stock wheels too.. but windows are tinted..

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
maroon liberty on gateway

black golf around the wynnum area on the gateway

also a ditinguishin feature is to dealer surround on the plates, usually all the new cars have a dealer numberplate surround, cop cars dont...also one or two little aerials on the back
Heh, I saw this a couple of months ago and had a great laugh. Also saw the black VU SS ute as well on the "car wash meet" night :p

G

Unregistered
I was thinking the other day, while we are naming and shaming unmarked cars, why not name and shame speed trap locations?

[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;msa=0&amp;ll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;spn=49.862997,79.013672&amp;t=h&amp;msid=108980055119171994124.00046ec5a97cc3c23c072&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;msa=0&amp;ll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;spn=49.862997,79.013672&amp;t=h&amp;msid=108980055119171994124.00046ec5a97cc3c23c072&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Queensland Speed Traps</a> in a larger map</small>[/gmap]

DISCLAIMER: Speeding is illegal and OzVR4.com does not condone speeding. This resource should only be used for non-illegal activities... ...like checking the accuracy of your speedo' :p

G

Unregistered
Un-Marked VW Bora

I was travelling from Cairns to Mackay a little while back, travelling a considerable amount over the speed limit when out of nowhere I was overtaken by a VW Bora (latest model) with Sirens blaring (small trickle of yellow liquid) thinking he had me!:sad: - I estimated that he was travelling at around 240 - 260 kph!!!! Awsome!!! Not sure who he was after - but must of been a bad mofo for them not to pull me over...

I behaved myself almost the whole rest of my journey...

G

Unregistered
I've heard that Newton police station has a black R34 gts-t, and two black rx7s :O

G

Unregistered
Saw a latest model silver ralliart lancer on the pacific highway just south of Yatala with the disco lights on stopped on the hard shoulder last week....

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Saw a bright green Commo pulled over a ricer near Movie World on the M1

Top Bottom