[QLD] Willowbank 1/4 Mile Sat 23 Feb

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Thats not bad for the first time mate! And almost a stock car. I am sure you will do much better next time.

Hi Guys,

I just got home - nothing broke!! YAY!

My best time was 14.3, never got the perfect launch - bogged down a couple of times and had the clutch slip big time on my last run (14.8).

I ran 15 flat on my first run so I was quite happy with my progress as the night progressed (and the temp dropped from 32 to 22)

Can't wait to get back there after a few more mods. I highly recommend all the QLD boys get out there and give it a go. They run Wed and Sat nights, check the website for when the next one is.

Ben had done a 14.1 when I last talked to him and he was going to have one more run so hopefully he broke the 14sec barrier!

cheers

Lee

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Thats not bad for an auto! ! know u done few mods but with more practice i am sure u will get in to 13s.

I stuffed the last run..too high revs the car creaped forward and tripped the line and I was committed to go then only ran a 14.3 for that one. It should run a high 13 with a few more runs.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Well I finally hardened up and took the leggy to willowbank this evening. :D

Best run of the night was 14.2 @ 99mph. Stock manual legnum, best time I was running ~12psi. Launches were a quick slip from 3000rpm. Any more and the clutch would just flare up...

Was hoping for a few runs later on in the evening when things cooled down a bit, but it was getting a bit busy by then and I was out of time.

All up pretty damn happy!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well done!

Now I have a time to beat... :)

It was reasonably cool tonight - what was the air temp on your slips?

What was your best 60ft time?

cheers

Lee

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
thats what Tiptronics for.......ha ha ha ...bugga

G

Unregistered
The gear change is not the problem, its the launch off the line. The auto/tip will lose about half a second off the line. Its really easy to lose half a second but it will take your time from a low 14 to a mid 13.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
damn manuals I hate you all. Good time Murph

What did you end up running?

The gear change is not the problem, its the launch off the line. The auto/tip will lose about half a second off the line. Its really easy to lose half a second but it will take your time from a low 14 to a mid 13.

Agreed. That was probably my weak point out there. My 60 footers were around 2.2s, which is pretty woeful for an AWD. That said, that's only because I was only doing pretty soft launches in the interests of keeping my clutch happy. No reason why it couldn't do 2.0 or less with a hard launch....good enough to get mine into the 13s and over 100mph.

G

Unregistered
I managed a 14.1 but I only had three runs and botched the the third. I should get into the 13's with more practice.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the auto's are easier to get off the line fast. Left foot on the brake, right on the throttle with the car in drive. Put as much weight as possible on the brake and rev it up as high as you can in drive, should be 2500-3000rpm, then when the light goes green, just floor it and lift off the brake. Super quick :)

G

Unregistered
problem being the brakes are dead cold cause you have been sitting in line for hours and I tried to give it too much and it creeped forward triggering the time. With more practice it will get better but I still prefer 5000 revs step offs like I used to do in my wrx.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Every automatic gearbox has a "stall converter"......which is actually called a torque converter. The stall speed is a characteristic of a torque converter. In the case of the VR-4s it's somewhere between 2500 and 3000rpm based on what the auto owners have said above.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Someone should start a thread where we can all post our timeslips and start a top 10 list of best times.

I think I will be heading out in May some time as the wife is giving birth in about 4 weeks and I don't want the car off the road if something breaks.

G

Unregistered
Good idea! Lee you can probably make a proper one of those??

Top Bottom