Radiator drinking the coolant?

pauly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
VR4 2001 mitsu
i did not open up the breather plug not from memory.....like i said, i think im going to re-do it on saturday.....even when the radiator did crack and was discovered i wasnt far from home....i drove it home like a nun i never saw it go past the usual temperature , the guage stick being perfectly in the middle at "9 o'clock" position when i got home.... i never drove it till the rad was replaced....as far as "Have you stressed the engine" no, the car is driven pretty normally and ive never seen it go past the "norm" temp..

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
About one week after i replaced my radiator, mine started to lose coolant, no leaks, no performance loss, turned out to be a blown headgasket...

But doesnt the oil usually go a bit creamy ish when this happens?

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White

usually yes it's an indication , so check the oil

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY

The oil will only go milky if the gasket is broken/gone between the oil and water galleries.

If the gasket is missing to the side of the head, the coolant will flow out onto the block and could be burnt off by the heat in the engine bay, thus never seeing any actual leaks. This happened on my EF Falcon, twice! (damn EF and their shitty head gaskets)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
The oil will only go milky if the gasket is broken/gone between the oil and water galleries.

If the gasket is missing to the side of the head, the coolant will flow out onto the block and could be burnt off by the heat in the engine bay, thus never seeing any actual leaks. This happened on my EF Falcon, twice! (damn EF and their shitty head gaskets)

Damn you! I had ruled out mine being a head gasket thanks to the previous posts but now its right back in the mix. Might be time to take her to the doctors for a checkup, as I can't spot any leaks.

Top Bottom