Raising the Legnum

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Ok here is the dilemma, my wife and i are moving into a new house in 2 weeks and the driveway is far from low Legnum friendly. If i go down the drive front on the front bar scrapes right at the entrance to the garage ( also ripped off the tow hook cover coming back up:mad: ) when i back down the front bar scrapes on the drive and the muffler scapes in the garage. Now i dont know what to do, should i raise the car ( i have coilovers ) by like 30mm or so, in which it looks likw it would need to clear or so or has anyone had a similar experiance with their own and found other ways around it. I would rather keep it current hieght but am willing to do whatever to have it in the car hold at night.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Come in/out at a sharp angle or add some wooden planks??

Imagine a driveway where you are standing at road level and the house is a few metres below road level, the drive is only a car and a bit wide and t is a single garage. So i am driving down hill if you like.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I feel a major headache coming on. . . .
And what makes it worse is that our big fridge wont fit in its allotted space either :rolleyes:

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If I ever go house shopping I'm taking the Silvia. If it can't get in the driveway, I don't buy the house. :ROFLMAO:

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
New fridge, new car. :(

I guess if your car is lower than stock, it certainly wont hurt raising it slightly to see if that makes any difference.

G

Unregistered
How about raising the garage floor instead! Sounds dumb I know, but could give yourself a mellower driveway (think skate ramp).....Also had to move a wall to get the fridge in the last house - so understand what you are going through!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Wish i had the luxury Tim. I will prob get car raised 20-30mm, or try and strategically position some grate's or planks. Not going to like the look of the car a little bit higher off the ground.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
My old Astina nearly got beached trying to get down a driveway like that...

I'd raise the car to avoid the damage. My driveway goes uphill but I had to set the car about 10mm higher than I wanted in order for it not to scrape at the entry. Well, it does scrape a teeny bit if there's a passenger in the front seat.

If you own the house, perhaps sometime down the track you can get the driveway relaid with more gradual gradients at the transitions?

G

Unregistered
again, a luxury i dont have:banghead:

I am thinking i will rip out the cupboard above were the fridge goes. That solves one prob
Thats a good plan as I had to do it when I moved in my place.
Just unscrewed the top cupboards and in it went.
When I move out I'll just screw it back in.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Mines the same Trev, can't get in my garage due to it being on slope and too small a gap to angle in. Luckily for me I don't even have the choice of using the garage anyways as I still live with my parents and it's full. Im a bit worried about it being out front, but I live in a good area and have great neighbours so think it should be ok outside as long as it doesn't hail. Then i'll have to park her under a shopping centre or at a mates. Ah well.

Top Bottom