Ralliart filter fitment?

G

Unregistered
first ones the right way,

other way risks foam being sucked in, also if it was solid paper filter the other side wouldnt fit in/on

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Carsten is right the first pic. I have one off those filters and the guys who serviced my auto trans put it back the wrong way. What it will do is make the car stutter from about 4500 rpm onwards as the foam 'flaps' over the AFM.

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Let us know if you notice any difference with that. I have one but haven't gotten around to installing it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
As carsten said, if you look at a paper filter, the soft filter part is pointing out towards you, so the same must apply with the ralliart one.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Now that you have it, any discernable difference? I take it that this type of filter is a dry foam type and not like a wet/oily air filter like the K&N kits?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I drove the ST-R when it had 91 octane and the stock filter, then drove it next with 95 and the Ralliart one. The difference was very noticable, I reckon it would nearly keep up with a stock prefacelift auto VR-4 :)

Two of the guys in NZ are going to a dyno session soon and will be testing stock vs ralliart

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
When i fitted mine i thought i was kidding myself when i noticed results.
Better power low down in the rev range is the main difference. Seems like the turbos kick in 300 rpm quicker too.

Was really suprised as i expected it just to make the intake louder but it didn't even do that.

G

Unregistered
Brad - keep us posted on the dyno results as they would be very interesting. Also any chance of getting the K&N one included in the testing? I'm still unsure about which way to go...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Marc, neither of those guys have access to a K&N, but I will link to their dyno results when they get it done

G

Unregistered
Fitted mine today runs really good to

Removed the blitz filter and put the orginal airbox on with the Ralliart filter.

Makes difference :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Have you done the "dab of grease" test past the filter on the inside of the induction piping? It'd be good to check say a week or two later to see what type of crap may get through the Ralliart filter?

Good to see your results there with the standard box Michael :)

Kind of reinforces what has been said about these cars and pods without a custom CAI box for it.

G

Unregistered
i've just bought an adaptor to go from the AFM to a 3" pipe...

of which i'm going to run a 3" mandrel bent pipe to behind the headlight, and put a pod filter on it..

will let you know how it goes...

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Marc, neither of those guys have access to a K&N, but I will link to their dyno results when they get it done
Ill post the results up here as well Brad :)

We will also be testing a couple of pod configs as well as we have access to a Blitz pod with an interesting adaptor shape and will see if that helps with AFM issues that we face.

Jeremy

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
As carsten said, if you look at a paper filter, the soft filter part is pointing out towards you, so the same must apply with the ralliart one.
I've just a ralliart one so let me get this right... the ralliart name faces in-wards with the foam facing the front of the car...ok just found this in the box

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom