rear diff / ayc

G

Unregistered
my rear diff is making a wineing noise, especially a little louder when going around corners especially when ayc is activating, also ayc is lighting up 1 and sometimes 2 bars when i am driving straight, usually when i hit a bump is that normal (posibley weight coming off front wheels making it want to grip rear more?) or should i get this looked at too?

where is best place in queensland to go to get this checked out?

G

Unregistered
Mine suffers from this issue as well, though I quite enjoy the whine in a weird PD-supercharger kind of way...

AYC service here we come.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah mine was doing the same, louder the harder you cornered. After the AYC service haven't heard it since.
Also there is a list somewhere on the technical boards of the forum which lists all mechanics who do AYC services.

G

Unregistered
had the car up on a hoist when i was getting the exhaust done, found that the rear passengers side inner cv boot was split and theres grease everywhere, so i took it to the local drive shaft specialest, he seems to think i need a new joint and posibly a shaft,

because its only one side could this be why the ayc is lighting up while driving in a straight line?, tyre pressures should be ok as i only just put the new rims and tyres on 15000km ago, getting another wheel alignment done next week, they will check tyre pressure again then,

does anyone know where to get a new rear left inner cv joint and shafts?

G

Unregistered
also changing fluids? as in rear dif? does the little bottle stashed behind drivers side tail light have anything to do with diff or is it ayc?.

also i need to find gear box oil filter, and does anyone know weather i can re use gaskets for plenum when i change sparkplugs, if not where to get new ones

thanks

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
The plenum gasket is metal and generally can be re-used but i bought one from the local mitsi dealer just to be sure incase it was damaged coming off. I didnt need it but fitted it anyway. I think it was about $15 or so from memory.

G

Unregistered
thanks, anyone where i can find auto transmission oil filter?

Top Bottom