Rear Diff Questions...

G

Unregistered
Hey all...

Just wanting some info...

Getting my hands on a series 1 Legnum Manual Box and i need to find a rear diff that will match up..

Anybody know what ratio i need? And also what models may have compatible diffs? Hoping that its the same as some evos, as parts are easier to find...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

-Sam

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
all VR-4's that have AYC have the same diff and all VR-4's that have an LSD at the back have the same diff as well, there is no difference between auto and manual models. The ratio is 3.232 made from gears that are 16/53.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I believe JustPlainNuts is selling a whole rear diff/drive assembly.. or whatever that whole thing is called..

if that doesn't fit.. probably eclipse 95-99 GSX stuff does?! but from what i can imagine... they both should be the same..

AWD FTO.. that's gonna be fun.. :D:D:D:D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
also, thought someone in UK had already an AWD conversion but using 4G63 and drivetrain..

G

Unregistered
That car is in cyprus and uses a full 4G63 engine and drivetrain from an EVO7...

Gearbox wont bolt up to my 6a12.... As far as i know... so 6a13tt it is

Need AWD as im experiencing some pretty shit qtr mile times...

Last run was 14.0Sec at 110mph... on 4psi...

Currently on 10psi... Once AWD it will be pushed up to 24psi... (yes the engine is built for this)

Thanks for the info.. So i just need any VR4 Diff? makes things easier...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
vr4 (non AYC) diff, rear drivetrain assembly, propeller shaft.. and other stuff i think

reason I said non AYC, you'll need the AYC ECU and whole lots of other things associated with it.. i guess if you've got the right $$$ you can get it done..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
evo 4-7 diffs are basically the same as ours, you could look for one of those

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
if they are basically the same as ours.. does that mean the sway bar and coilover would fit as well??! just wanna clarify that so that everyone knows whether it fits or not...

G

Unregistered
if they are basically the same as ours.. does that mean the sway bar and coilover would fit as well??! just wanna clarify that so that everyone knows whether it fits or not...

no, those bits have nothing to do with diff

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
They are different but not enough to worry about. EVO 5-9 are all 3.307 43/13 regardless of whether they are S-AYC or just AYC

G

Unregistered
brad do you know if the 25st / str diffs are the same ratio as the vr4 one

Top Bottom