Reckon it needs replacing?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
What is that? Drivers side engine mount?

Did it fall apart when taking it off or while you were driving?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Fell apart as I took it out. It was in pieces but the chassis side of the mount was keeping it all in place.

Glad I decided to replace it today!

New one vs old one:

P210309_1348.jpg

New one fitted:

P210309_1706.jpg

P210309_1707.jpg

Still got two more to go, but ran out of time and light today. Working tomorrow so it'll have to be next weekend.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Bit of gaffa tape would have fixed that right up :p

whats the damage on the new items?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I got the mounts from Gly and the new nolothane inserts cost about $AU200 delivered.

Here's what they all look like ready to go:

P210309_134901.jpg

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Have you managed to find a front engine mount for the front insert which im guessing is from the eclipse kit?? Im trying to find one at the moment from an eclipse but not having much luck.

Or alternatively having looked at my front and rear mounts they appear to be in good condition, it is just the left mount that is truely screwed much the same as yours really. So i was thinking would it be possible to use two nolathane inserts for the right and left and leave the other two as mitsi intended. Because i saw in another thread that all nolathane (think it was nolathane anyway) can be a bit harsh.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
My front and rear are in good condition. Actually even the transmission mount is fine, so I won't be replacing the front and rear, just the sides.

I did find a few places that were selling the eclipse mount for about $60-70AU (not including shipping), here's a few:
http://www.amazon.com/2000-2005-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Service-Engine/dp/B001C3N74K

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/engine_mount/mitsubishi/eclipse.html

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...eQQEngine_MountQQ20002005QQW0133-1621410.html

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?Ntt=Engine Mount&N=1676 11326+4294964805 (scroll down for this one)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Are they hard to replace?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Thanks for the links. And yeah that is the same as me. It is just the one on the timing belt side that is in need of replacement so i think i might just replace the left and right. Doing just them should make the job a lot shorter as well.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
I got the mounts from Gly and the new nolothane inserts cost about $AU200 delivered

are you interested in selling your engine mounts on then?

then i can sell mine on to the next person after i do mine haha

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Are they hard to replace?

The one I've replaced so far is the easiest. You need the deep style sockets to undo the mount off the engine though. I bought a full set of supatool premium ones for about $95 from Bunnings. Very well made too I must say, much better than the ones that come from their all-in-one tool boxes. The transmission one is really hard to undo :(

Thanks for the links. And yeah that is the same as me. It is just the one on the timing belt side that is in need of replacement so i think i might just replace the left and right. Doing just them should make the job a lot shorter as well.

Because I've already got the rear one pressed in, I will replace it eventually. I'm just trying to psyche myself up for it as I know it's going to be a major PITA.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The transmission one is really hard to undo :(
Let me second that - its really REALLY hard - if you don't have deep sockets, absolutely forgeddabout it! Even if you do, an extension on your ratchet is highly recommended.

Because I've already got the rear one pressed in, I will replace it eventually. I'm just trying to psyche myself up for it as I know it's going to be a major PITA.
Actually Paul the rear isn't that hard, its just annoying that you have to pull so much pipework off first. Just make sure you put a jack under your engine to take the weight first - as long as the engine's not hanging off the rear mount it comes off pretty easy, if a little fiddly :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Do you mean use the jack in conjuction with the engine crane I've been using, or will the crane suffice?

Also in regards to the transmission one. I'm going to need a breaker bar! :(

G

Unregistered
I changed all mine with the use of a jack .I didn't need to use my crane. The rear mount isn't that hard to do with plenty of extension bars to reach the 2 bolts that connect it to the subframe. I needed a breaker bar to undo the bolt throgh the mount to the engine bracket as even though the torque setting is not that great it seems to seize up with being close to the rear turbo. Gearbox mount was no problem if the studs come out. One of mine didn't so I used the nut from one of the others to lock the 2 nuts and then managed to extract the stud.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Actually Paul the rear isn't that hard, its just annoying that you have to pull so much pipework off first. Just make sure you put a jack under your engine to take the weight first - as long as the engine's not hanging off the rear mount it comes off pretty easy, if a little fiddly :)

I finally did the other two last week. Fiddly is an understatement for the rear, whilst nothing was hard to undo, it was bloody hard to get to! I had to end up taking the pin out of the mount, undoing the bracket from the motor and then undoing the mount itself as I couldn't get to the bottom bolt.

But it's all done now, just in time to reveal what seems to be a serious clutch problem :rolleyes:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Undoing it isn't that difficult, getting the bolt back in can be a complete pain in the arse sometimes, especially if you are installing the engine into the car.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Well I found it a PITA to do. It's not the bolts were hard to undo, just hard to get to.

Top Bottom