Registration Blunder

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey guys,

I have just purchased my Legnum last Saturday, went to RTA to do the transfers and all good.

But this morning, I have just notice my Certificate of Registration that the model and shape was "Galant" and "Sedan".

Rang up RTA and the lady does not have a clue so she transfer me to their techinical team.

So, spoke them and he asking this sorts of questions which I do not know the answer and I do not know the history of the vehicle. Told him that the car was a personal import according to the owner and compliance has been done AFAIK and it wouldn't be registered if it wasn't.

He told me to ring up the Blue Slip people to book for inspection to rectify the issue, but I have not done yet coz I want to know what steps should I need to take.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It sounds like you need ot talk to whoever blue slipped the car. Shouldn't be a big deal. You just want to avoid the RTA putting it over the pits and gving it the once over... especially if iti is not stock.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
RTA they've got no idea.
Call the owner and ask him if it's always been registered as a "Galant Sedan". And ask him howcome and if it would pose any problem for insurance.

What does your registration sticker on the window say? Galant or Legnum?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Don't panic - Legnums are imported here as "Galants" (it's to do with the way they're listed on SEVS, and therefore on your Consumer Information Notice). They're all classified under Galant even though the wagon obviously has a different name.

The registering authorities take the name of the vehicle from the Consumer Information Notice, not from the car itself (think about it, you could stick a Ferrari badge on it, but it won't make it a Ferrari), and "sedan" on your registration is a generic term for all passenger vehicles, regardless of their body style.

DO NOT RING FOR A BLUE SLIP. YOUR CAR IS NORMAL!!

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Oh what a relief! :)

Thanks for that Kristian! I myself don't have any clue regarding classifications on SEVS.

Thanks again!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Think "Commodore" and think the wagons that they have :)

We're 8G Galants... just with a big boot!

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
well, i got registered as legnum at lidcomb RTA nsw. hmm. they asked me if it was a spelling mistake.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^lol. It depends on the workshop who did the compliance as to whether it's called Galant or Legnum as much as anything else. Some RTAs don't bother reading the Consumer Information Notices too though ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yea, govt muppets.

I clearly wrote on the form during the rego process my car was SILVER, yet on the rego sticker it it says its white. and a galant.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom