NSW Returning owner - Not off to a great start

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
Hi guys, I used to have a meister blue 97 Legnum that I ended up parting out on here due to the common faulty control arm/ball joint issue failing whilst driving.

Just picked up my second Legnum on the weekend. Its a clean 96 manual, leather and moonroof with just over 100k. It's completely stock aside from some wheels, that of course will change over time, just spewing I sold most of my goodies from the last Leggy. Had Tiens, front mount and some other good bits. Pretty stoked with it BUT - I've got a few issues already :(

Firstly - the other day after parking, power just cut out - clock and deck reset completely, and the car would not start, get accessories or reds. Almost as if power was disconnected. Ended up jump starting it and it was fine after that, I had the battery tested and drove to a mechanic but the issue disappeared. Well it did for a few days, leaving work today went to see the valets, and same thing. Got no response from the alarm/immobiliser fob, the clock was off and no electrics on with or without the key. Jumped it and it was fine. Any ideas or common problems that you can think of?

Secondly - coming on boost just before 3k it sometimes cuts out violently, I'm guessing its incorrectly gapped/screwed plugs, but the guy just changed them not long ago and had a recent of the work done. Could it be anything else?

Lastly - it's got the MMCS with a single din aftermarket deck below, whats the best way to remove the MMCS and keep the A/C controls? Can I remove the large part of the MMCS and keep the side bar, and fit a 7" screen next to it, or would I have to change to the single din A/C control unit (Non MMCS model)? Is it a straight swap wiring wise - will the single din A/C unit plug straight in to the MMCS wiring loom?

Thanks legends, I'll get pics up soon - just been pissed at having issues so soon on a seemingly decent Leggy :banghead:

Also, I've still got some parts left over from the last one (4 door cards, brake lights, strut brace, 4" cannon and most of the interior CF surround). Most helpful answer gets some free stuff :love:

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
From everything I've seen on here to swap the mmcs to normal ac you need the normal ac controller and the new middle fascia bit. It should be a straight swap

PHIL069

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Phil
Drive
FTO
Firstly - With your power cutting out, first thing is to check the tightness and cleanliness of your body and engine earth points.
Also check the same with the battery terminals.

Secondly - Check your BOV, if it's stock plastic change it to a metal EVO one.

Top Bottom