Reverting to stock air-intake

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Hi all, I'm currently in the process of buying a 98 Type-V Galant. It has at the moment an HKS Pod filter, and the Stock snorkel is sitting in the boot.
How easy would it be to get rid of the pod filter and revert to the stock setup w/ the snorkel to a panel filter?
Obviously i need an airbox, where would i get one of these?
Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
where are you buying it from? If it is from Iron or Jspec, tell them you won't buy it unless it comes with an airbox, and tell them I sent you :)

If not...and it is doubtful they will be able to help, you are probably best to call around wreckers in NZ

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
reverting it back to normal is fairly easy.. well if you've got a bit of technical knowledge..

as long as you got the airbox.. you should be fine.. and make sure there's no broken clips and mount tabs in that box..

G

Unregistered
and there getting harder and harde to find, expect to pay at least $150 for the airbox

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Buying it from Edward Lee's in Concord.
Yeah the Airbox isn't there though, i'm assuming it was left behind in japan when the pod was attached. Are there universal airboxes available? I've found plenty of Pod and Panel filters, but no airboxes :(
Cheers for the replies anyhow, I'll be sure to post pics when I get given the keys!

G

Unregistered
theres the arc airbox but its open to engine bay heat aswell, no better than a pod IMO,

Top Bottom