SA - Recommended Tyre Stores

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Hey crew,

I'm getting new tyres very soon, just wondering if anyone recommends any tyre stores around Adelaide. I'm in the Underdale area.

Looking for a store who doesn't try and push old stock... That appears to be the problem with my current tyres, they are old, still have plenty of tread (near "new") but have cracks appearing. Looking at the tyre code I can see they were made in 2003.

I remember driving past the Tyrepower on Currie St and there was a Legnum there, a pearl one, series one.

I have a bob jane t-marts round the corner from me on Henley Beach Rd, which would be handy to walk home..

G

Unregistered
i live down at christies beach and ive used andy's tyre and battery at seaford for all my cars. i just have a chat with the guys there about what i want and they are usually good on pricing depending what you want and who serves you and how busy they are. so if you happen to turn up at a good time they are great. but its a bit far from you depending what your after. i need tyres real soon aswel. mine are cracked to....old jap tyres!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I've used Tyrepower numerous times, and it may well have been my leggie you saw there (if it were a little while back). I use them as i'm in the city and its convenient. Used to use Bob Jane on Pultney (even closer to work) as used to be friends with the owner, but when he passed away and new person took it over, I realised what a bunch of muppets they were when it came to anything other than trying to flog off bob jane products (z1, ewww).

Also used Wheelworx when Tyrepower couldn't source rims I wanted, and was happy with their price - service was ok.

So I'd say give Tyrepower a go for sure

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
im still waiting on a reply from Typrepower i sent 2 weeks ago about a quote on tyres. tells something about their customer service..

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
If you're referring to email, I've found every tyre shop has shithouse email service. only way to get their attention is to go into the shop, or maybe ring. I've emailed wheelworx a few times and NEVER got 1 response. Tyrepower is hit and miss with email, but 50% of the time get a response. However go in there face to face and you'll get what you need to know.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^^ Correct, email is a foreign concept. I highly recommend Jack Baker Tyrepower in the city and the Goodyear Service Centre on North East Road Hillcrest (speak to Andrew he's a champ)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
seeing i work full time i dont have the luxury to walk into tyre shops all day and ask for quotes. email has been around a long time and is a crucial mean of communication, if these business cant keep up with 19th century technology, i will take my business elsewhere.

i have found wheelworx is a little better. replying to emails after a few days. but after replying to their reply, im still waiting on their response on a quote for different tyres.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Well email isn't your only friend. Pick up the phone and call them. You can obtain so much more information and eliminate confusion from a conversation rather than a email.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
seeing i work full time i dont have the luxury to walk into tyre shops all day and ask for quotes. email has been around a long time and is a crucial mean of communication, if these business cant keep up with 19th century technology, i will take my business elsewhere.

i have found wheelworx is a little better. replying to emails after a few days. but after replying to their reply, im still waiting on their response on a quote for different tyres.

Wow, I didnt know email has been around since the 1800's?! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, choice is yours who you do business with - I know I wouldnt be emailing mechanics, sparkys or plumbers and expecting meaningful replies, why would another form of grease monkey be any better? Phones were definately 19th century communication devices (1876 actually) and they work just fine.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
lol my point exactly. i was exagerating to show long we've had email.

mechanics, yes i can understand. but everytime i go into wheelworx and tyrepower theres someone sitting behind a computer screen doing relatively nothing. surely they check and reply to business related emails, afterall its their job.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Mate if you reckon they're bad, try dealing with shipping companies.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
+ 1 for Wheelworx. Sourced my wheels through them as no one else could supply what I needed.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Thanks Hotwire, yeah I reckon it was your car i saw.. Few months ago.

Thanks for the info, I reckon I'll give them a shot. I'm always weary coz a mate of mine had his 180sx thrashed taking it for a "test drive" around the corner.. can't remember who it was, may have been K-Mart actually - which I would never take my car to anyway!!!

As soon as Rudds money is coming through, I'll hit up Tyrepower.. 18" tyres, 225's ain't gonna be cheap!

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Well got some 225/40 Toyo Proxes 4 fitted at Jack Baker Tyrepower... They are very good tyres... can hear them a little bit i think... but they feel much better, and look hot too..

Top Bottom