[SA] Stock suspension?

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Guys,

Does anyone in SA have stock suspension they'd be willing to lend for Regency if I was to 'hypothetically' buy a Legnum with coilovers?

I'm looking at a car, barring something coming up for import.

Cheers,

Dan

G

Unregistered
I'll have stock suspension, exhaust and wheels when my leggie gets here in the near future (on the boat at the moment) as it comes with all stock parts in the boot...more than happy to lend them to you once my compliance workshop has finished with them needing them for regency/compliance :)

gtodave

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
david einam
Drive
galant 7g & 8g
in qld they don't seem to worry about coilovers at transport dept.
as long as it is not too low.

G

Unregistered
thats good. but qld and sa are different and here they are illegal unless the adjustment 'cogs' are welded fixed in one spot above the minimum ride height so they can no longer we adjusted height wise.

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
dude thats rubbish. can you not get them certed like we can over here?
oz rules sound pretty stupid

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I haven't heard of anyone else having trouble with compliance or rego because of coilovers.. :confused:

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
It is DEFINATELY a problem here in SA - Coilovers are deemed illegal under SA Road Transport Act (i think thats the doc) :(

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Yeah it's in the ADR's. I'd think it would be more unsafe to weld a gas filled tube - but that's just me.

Bloody SA...

G

Unregistered
i just love how they are ADR's...but each state patrols them differently *rolleyes*

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I had coilovers in mine when i went through regency, i just had the car at a stock height. They went over it with a fine tooth comb, one inspector even looked in the wheel arches, but i came out fine ;)

So id just give it a go with the coilovers in, if you get slapped to the floor, make sure you have some stock sus. stuff on stand by

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Nissy hasn't had good news regarding his stock parts... However if you were stuck I have stock sus in my car. I'd be happy to swap for the coilovers for a week or 2 if you needed to get past regency after May 9..

G

Unregistered
yeah, my car arrived at the compliance workshop a little bit lighter in theboot compartment!! grrr so ****ed off. every single item, including the friggin newspaper! lol.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Dan - Still looking for use of stock suspension? If so I'd be happy to swap out of my car (for your coilovers) for a week or two if need be. My car is now registered, so any time really.

Top Bottom