Serious Video Game Project.

G

Unregistered
Hi all, as the title suggests I am undertaking a serious video game project, and I am extending a request for help to the members here who are gifted with computers, or may have other relevant skills to offer.

The game will be a Graphic and Realistic FPS set in World War One.

The goal is to Create a concept of a game I have been researching/writing for some time, and releasing it on steam greenlight, to see what momentum we can gather from developers, studios or donators.

I have very little skill with computers and computer design, but I have extensive gaming experience and have done a lot of research and writing regarding game content and features, as well as historical research and military experience.

At first I will be looking for a graphic designer or artist to create a few concept drawings for a title and boxart, from there the concept and story can be released with a 'face' to the public on steam to gauge interest and see if it is worth pursuing further.
If you feel you would like to help please PM me or reply here, all are welcome.
Thanks for your time guys, I hope some hands fly up and I find some helpers :)

G

Unregistered
No interest at all guys?

If none can help, do any of the gamers out there have any interest in a game like this if it were produced. Gameplay features would include.

-BiPlane combat above the frontlines and Aerial Recon missions, play as pilot and/or gunner in different missions and face off against famous ww1 enemy pilots.

- command a primitive tank in its debut in modern combat on the battlefields of WW1.

-Intense Trench combat, shotguns, trench knives, brass knuckles, bayonets and hand to hand fighting.

-Snipe away at enemy soldiers from No Mans Land.

-Partake in Famous and intense WW1 Battles, the gallipoli landings, the charge at beersheba, fight in the muddy trenches of the western front

- deadly and intense night time stealth missions to snatch and grab enemy sentries and sabotage their defenses.

The idea is to, as best as possible, recreate the horrors of the Great War.Soldierd trapped Barbed wire and shot dead, waves of ken being killed instantly after leaping out of trenches, mustard gas killing and maiming men in the trenches, and so on, the imagination is the limit here.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I'm a big call of duty and modern warfare freak so I would be keen.

G

Unregistered
Don't forget, those games listed above would also be your main market competitors so the game in question would need to be at a minimum on par with they offer in all aspects - quality, content, graphics, multiplayer ability and the list goes on.

It's not exactly going to be an overnight success story nor a cheap one at that.

Best of luck with it all though mate.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Sounds interesting, cant wait to see how it turns out :)

I don't necessarily think that it needs to be on par with AAA titles in all aspects, it's understandable as he won't have the resources that they do, and I don't think he'll be looking to charge buyers AAA money to play either. That being said, gameplay is an area that'll set you apart from the other FPS games out there. There are plenty of indie games who don't necessarily have the best graphics etc, but are hugely popular due to their story, gameplay, unique mechanics or even different art style.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the input guys.
This is a long term project that I intend to follow through with for the duration. Although COD/BF etc will be 'competitors' this game will offer something very unique with it's setting, WW1 has had very little time in the gaming spotlight, WW2 has had it's time, now Modern Warfare is having it's second wind, yet Vietnam and WW1 remain the least touched subjects.
The difference in gameplay will extend beyond the unique setting, this won't be a flat out, frantic, ass kicking arcade style FPS like the COD:MW games. I intend to make the player feel insignificant and vulnerable, just worrying about surviving, not how many kills they can rack up and how many times they can single handedly save the world.
I could gab on all day about the concept but I will spare you haha.

G

Unregistered
Scenes sound very similar to the movie Saving Private Ryan, which whilst does not have a directly related game associated to it, there are other games out currently which feature almost identical scenes from the movie (along with Enemy At The Gates).

The D-Day landing can be found in Medal of Honour and the first two Call of Duty games, amongst many other trench scenes, demolished city scenes and open plan farm fields.

G

Unregistered
Yes true, great movie, and I remember playing those epic WW2 battles for the first time, I am a HUGE WW2 game buff haha.
Difference is, my game is based in WW1.
It will be very similar to real life, which I plan to recreate as closely as possible. The missions will HOPEFULLY be very close to the actual events, and if I can recreate them as well as D-Day was recreated in SPR, I would be over the moon :D

Corrupt

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
Daily: 1998 Galant VR-4
Project: 1934 Ford Roadster
Check out Verdun (on Steam) and The Trench 1916. I haven't played either on them myself, but from reading, Verdun seems like a core FPS game and The Trench seems more like a FPS/RTS (as you can set up artillery batteries, trenches etc. in RTS mode before the battle starts in FPS mode). These 2 might give you a direction of where you wanna go as well as inspiration and ideas.

http://www.verdungame.com/

http://www.thetrench1916.com/

Hope this helps.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the links mate, I have checked out Verdun and I thought The Trench stopped progress years ago, I forgot all about it.
That is the direction I am heading in, although Verdun focuses on Squad based multiplayer, where as I would focus more on an intense campaign.

G

Unregistered
Okay guys so a Little Demo terrain map is underway, it will be a terrain setting similar to "The Nek" at Gallipoli so we should all like it :) I will hopefully get some screenshots up tonight :)
Still looking for volunteers for some box art and title art :)

Top Bottom