SA Slinz AKA Tom // Adelaide

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
So...uh...hey?

Apparently I can't post in any other sections and I'm thinking maybe some stuff has gone down since I was last active which means I need to post an intro thread before my permissions change. Otherwise, if someone could gimme back some posting permissions that would be super!

I like candlelit dinners, baths, foot massages and a man who can make me feel safe and keep me warm at night.

But really, I've been a member for ages and I finally got another car worth being a part of the enthusiast community, having sold my last Legnum a couple of years ago now. So hey to members old and new, and sorry for buying a Nissan. I'll post a new member's ride thread once I'm allowed!

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Nissan's are great cars as long as you don't mention the war *cough* (Stagea) *cough* Lots of the guys here either have or had Skylines, Silvia's - myself included :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Haha, I will confirm that it is NOT a Stagea *phew*. This is by far my favourite automotive forum/community due to the reasonable and genuinely good members, I'm sure nobody will give me too much crap for it!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Ohhh true? I swear it wasn't like that before? Anyway not to worry, will do dat

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I was seriously blessed that this was the first online car community I bothered to get involved with. The bar has been set so high that almost any other forums seem like mostly keyboard warriors and trolls.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Thanks Derek! I probably should have looked around a bit before assuming there was some posting privilege coup. Gotta take some okay photos of this bloody car first

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
I was seriously blessed that this was the first online car community I bothered to get involved with. The bar has been set so high that almost any other forums seem like mostly keyboard warriors and trolls.
Not just other car forums either any forum. Had bad experiences on reptile forums too.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome back Tom! I heard what happened with your old Mazda, still can't believe it!!!

Look forward to pics of new ride

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Welcome back Tom! I heard what happened with your old Mazda, still can't believe it!!!

Look forward to pics of new ride

Oh man that whole thing was an absolute pain in the bum! You can imagine my surprise when it found its way back to me 9 months later and with some nice new mods. To be honest I'm glad that it is gone now, didn't like looking at the thing after what happened.

I'll take photos soooooon with a proper camera

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Hey Tom. What happened to your MPS?

Hey dude! I saw you cruising down Morphett Rd a while back, or at least your car, forgot how tough that thing looked rolling.

MPS is a VERY long story but the run-down is that it got stolen by a professional car thief, garaged, compliance/engine/rego plates all swapped for a non-stolen Mazda 3, wheels and some interior parts swapped, then sold. The case was shut, then it got re-assigned to an actual policeman (tac unit rather than your average Constable) who properly reviewed the evidence I'd submitted. That included IP addresses from which my also-stolen laptop was being used, which in a roundabout way led to the discovery of the "non-stolen" shell holed up in an abandoned garage out in Salibury North from which the chassis number was used to find out it was still registered and had recently been sold. Basically the car was reclaimed by the tac unit dudes, cleared through a very long-winded criminal check at the car cop shop and then given back to me. But it did come back with new BOV, new HD clutch, new tyres and only 4,000km extra on the clock :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Wow, actual detective work AND a positive outcome... who'd have guessed?!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Wow, actual detective work AND a positive outcome... who'd have guessed?!
^^ that's because Tom did the work for them...

Haha, yep. When I initially gave the IP addresses I could tell that the lady taking my statement had literally NO idea what the real world implications of them were, it was pretty disheartening. I was lucky in a few instances although overall I'd recommend not having your car stolen as the best solution :p

Top Bottom