sound_the_surrender aka Dale // Melbourne - VIC

G

Unregistered
Hey everyone,

I just imported my first VR-4 into Melbourne and I am picking it up today! Pretty excited!

It's a 2000 Type S in black.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Welcome to the club Dale, dont forget to post some pics in the members rides section.

G

Unregistered
Way to go man. Let us know what you think of it when you drive her home today :)

The drive was really nice and smooth. Coming from a VN Commodore to this was a major head spin! So many features... Except for the CD player not working. :(

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Dale, you never look at a commondore the same way again after owning the VR4 for a while.

G

Unregistered
Umm what about the power?

The power is great. Not as fast as I was expecting though. For some reason I was picturing it taking off like an Evolution.

Is there some sort of sports button I can't see?

G

Unregistered
Dale, you never look at a commondore the same way again after owning the VR4 for a while.

I still will love the Commodore's. I actually liked imports before Holden's until I bought the VN. It was a good car.

But this is defiantly something else. Hopefully it is a reliable car.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is called a boost controller.

In saying that, later cars come through with a 3 cat system, have a look under the car to check it

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea Brad, it's all models after early 2000 (can't remember exactly what month, sorry). At that time the laws regarding emissions was changed, so all vehicles manufactured after that date had to meet new emission controls. To meet the required level, the ADR evidence package developed by the RAW that nearly everyone in Australia is using includes 3 cats on post-2000 VR4's, so that's what they've got to have.

3 cats = MAJOR bottleneck. Get a new exhaust made with a quality, high-flow cat and you'll find a heap more power!

Welcome to the site Dale, and congrats on the new ride!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Ah yes, nothing like the arse end of a VN-VP stepping out in the wet for a bit of fun. You'll miss that in the Legnum.

These are more "grand tour" than the Evo rocket ships, but still a helluva lot of fun :)

Thinking of popping down tomorrow to show off the new baby to our wash meet in Blackburn?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah mate, you can still get plenty of power out of em also.

Pics, post some up

G

Unregistered
Yea Brad, it's all models after early 2000 (can't remember exactly what month, sorry). At that time the laws regarding emissions was changed, so all vehicles manufactured after that date had to meet new emission controls. To meet the required level, the ADR evidence package developed by the RAW that nearly everyone in Australia is using includes 3 cats on post-2000 VR4's, so that's what they've got to have.

3 cats = MAJOR bottleneck. Get a new exhaust made with a quality, high-flow cat and you'll find a heap more power!

Welcome to the site Dale, and congrats on the new ride!

Thanks for that information.

I had a quick look under the car and it seems there is only one catalytic converter. But there seems to be two or more other chambers... Maybe resonators?

G

Unregistered
Ah yes, nothing like the arse end of a VN-VP stepping out in the wet for a bit of fun. You'll miss that in the Legnum.

These are more "grand tour" than the Evo rocket ships, but still a helluva lot of fun :)

Thinking of popping down tomorrow to show off the new baby to our wash meet in Blackburn?

Haha! Yeah I do miss that. I use to get so excited when it started to rain.

Right now I am flat out with other stuff so I won't be able to do much. Hard enough making time for this.

G

Unregistered
Getting the car cut and polished soon and then I will post up some semi professional shots. =)

Top Bottom