Speaker Problem

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey guys

Know this is not much BUT I was driving along this morning in Brisbane (rainning) and my front speakers have decided to stop working.......bummer.
Could this be some moisture getting in?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
If it is moisture getting close enough to effect the speakers you may soon delelop a rust prob :banghead: ? I reckon it may be that they have over a bit of time been exposed to enough moisture and where the cone slides in between the magnet there is a small amount of metal that may have become rusty and has stuck? ( please all correct me if i am wrong:) )

G

Unregistered
did they both stop working at exactly the same time? If they did, i would think it'd be a wiring problem. You'd think if the speakers were affected by moisture 1 speaker would stop working at a time.

Have ya checked all your wires? Is it running off an amp?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
No..it is only the front doors and tweeters, the back work fine

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
No..they are just from the head unit

G

Unregistered
Well you're going to have to pull out ya speakers and headunit to see where the wiring issue is. If everything seems to be in place, then i suggest ya get some new speakers!:) It might just be something simple like a loose connection!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i suggest you pull it out like what Chris-tofu suggested.. try running new wires from the head unit to the speakers see if they work.. if not.. then try a different speaker.. if it still doesn't work.. try a different head unit...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Given its affecting both front speakers+tweeters, it sounds like a head unit problem? You wouldnt expect 4 wires to fracture at the very same moment, would you?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Start by resetting the head unit Kev.... You can do this by disconnecting the plug with all the wires in the back of your HU

I have seen this before and it was a HU playing silly buggars

Then do what Chris said :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Cheers guys!

Top Bottom