Door speaker depths on Legnums

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Hey All,

What's the maximum speaker depth for 6" and 6.5" speakers (front and rear) you can have? I put speakers in my old TX3 and had to get particularly shallow ones to fit.

Also, how big are the factory mounted tweeters, and can they easily be replaced with aftermarket ones?

Thanks

-Dave

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
There isn't THAT much space but its not too bad.... There IS lots of space between the mount and the door skin though so make up some MDF spacers (which you would be doing anyways) to get the depth required. I didn't bother replacing rears as its all about the front stage for me :p

I had to take the covers off my Type - X Alpine tweeters to make them fit nicely which was no biggie but i think you should be able to take 1.25" tweeter (not in mounting case) and depth shouldn't be an issue as you can modify the mounting bracket

J is usually pretty good with this stuff as i think he has done it a couple of times :)

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
There isn't THAT much space but its not too bad.... There IS lots of space between the mount and the door skin though so make up some MDF spacers (which you would be doing anyways) to get the depth required. I didn't bother replacing rears as its all about the front stage for me :p

I had to take the covers off my Type - X Alpine tweeters to make them fit nicely which was no biggie but i think you should be able to take 1.25" tweeter (not in mounting case) and depth shouldn't be an issue as you can modify the mounting bracket

J is usually pretty good with this stuff as i think he has done it a couple of times :)
Why thank you Dawso. :ROFLMAO: I think that from doing multiple installs on my old car and having done my new car, I would know a little bit about these cars... :ROFLMAO:

Im currently running the DLS on the factory spacer as the 18mm ones I made didnt have the clearance with the door trim, and clearance is fine. :)

I would either get the tweeter blanks or put the tweeters in another location(ie the dash or the kick panels) rather using the factory mounts.

One of our nz boys had some co-axis's in the back with about 50mm mounting depth and they fouled the window... He put some Pioneer two way ones in with no issues.

Hope that helps. :)

J

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
alpine type R speakers and tweeters fit fine in the front behind the covers but watever you do man,be careful when taking the tweeter covers off,nothing worse than every time you slam your door a tweeter cover falls on your lap

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
alpine type R speakers and tweeters fit fine in the front behind the covers but watever you do man,be careful when taking the tweeter covers off,nothing worse than every time you slam your door a tweeter cover falls on your lap

ha~ i used the black electric tape to hold it on the spot....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
eclipse splits do fit fine on the factory speaker spot (mid and tweeter)

G

Unregistered
Got Focal K2P's in mine, both 6.5 speaker and tweeter (minus cover) fit sweet in their factory spots.

Top Bottom