Staticc aka Alex - Windsor NSW

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Hey guys,

Just signed up a couple of days ago. The main reason for it is I'm looking to get out of my R32 GTR and into a Galant VR-4.

Poking around here I like how everyone is polite and full of knowledge and I hope I will be able to add some with you guys.

I'm currently in the Air Force and was previously a mechanic in Victoria. Hope there are a few people here around my area so I can meet and get into the scene here.

Cheers guys.

Alex

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
welcome... im a fresh member of only a couple months myself... im located in penrith, so we will have to catch up when you get ur ride... go for a nice run up the mountains...lol

1 main benifit of getting a vr4 is the lack of police attention over the gtr.... they dont know what they are in my area... its great..

G

Unregistered
Welcome mate. Out of a GTR and into a VR-4? What changed your mind?

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
The GTR amazingly isn't a cop magnet. Only been pulled over once in the little over a year I've had it. But I would like to go for a run even in the GTR.

Yes, had someone run into it, and its due for a engine rebuild, and moving and forking money out for furniture and the like all the savings are now gone. So need something with decent power and now practical.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Welcome aboard. Dare say the Legnum would be much friendlier as a daily, especially if the 26 was worked.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Cheers volk.

I'm not after a wagon as the better half already has a i30. And I like the galant shape. The 26 had 190 at the wheels. So not too over the top.

Maybe I can con her in getting a legnum and ill get the galant :p

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Good choice, I'm also not far from Penrith, and there's a few other member's close around, so you chose a good place to live haha.

Hope you find a good one i love mine, except for when people dent it in parking lots.

Cheers Mark.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I'm clearly doing a great job of reading posts these days!

Keep the i30 as a parts chaser for the Galant ;)

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Yeah I have to wait for the insurance to get back to me, then the real hunt is on for one. Hoping I can sell the car and the parts and have the money so I don't have to spend a dime. Actually looking at the pros galant.

It's good to know people are around, I'm more then happy to come out in the GTR and get some vr4 knowledge up. Been reading up on them a lot lately lol

G

Unregistered
Definitely got the Pros, nothing to spend, just buy and enjoy. Looks a million bucks too.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I love the bayside blue colour.

Not too much to do to it, see if a bit more power can come out of it and thats it really. Just have to wait for someone to take me GTR off my hands.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Hey guys,

Just signed up a couple of days ago. The main reason for it is I'm looking to get out of my R32 GTR and into a Galant VR-4.

Poking around here I like how everyone is polite and full of knowledge and I hope I will be able to add some with you guys.

I'm currently in the Air Force and was previously a mechanic in Victoria. Hope there are a few people here around my area so I can meet and get into the scene here.

Cheers guys.

Alex

welcome... im a fresh member of only a couple months myself... im located in penrith, so we will have to catch up when you get ur ride... go for a nice run up the mountains...lol

1 main benifit of getting a vr4 is the lack of police attention over the gtr.... they dont know what they are in my area... its great..

Good choice, I'm also not far from Penrith, and there's a few other member's close around, so you chose a good place to live haha.

Hope you find a good one i love mine, except for when people dent it in parking lots.

Cheers Mark.

WTTC. Dwarftmarine lives in Windsor Downs so he is pretty close to you as well. I live in Jamisontown. We should all meet up someday.(after I get back from holiday)

BTW, I saw a black Galant park on the pavement near the fire musuem a week before, either for sale or defect. have a look.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Thanks akys.

Yeah would like to, hope your having a great holiday :).

I might do that. I'm actively looking around now :)

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Thanks, you guys have been great :)

To be honest yes. I like driving manual cars.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Hey Bud,
welcome

As Akys said, Im in the 'Downs so youll probably have seen me around a fair bit in the Black Leg with angel eyes.

theres quite a few of us in the greater western suburbs of late..
'about time, i was getting lonely out here!

As for the GTR over a VR4..
if you want a practical, comfortable sleeper, VR4 is definitely the way to go.

Good luck finding one mate.
As i said, i'[m just around the corner, so if (when you get one) you need a hand doing some servicing work im more than happy to lend a hand.
(i've got plugs down to a <1hr job now) first time i did took me 4 hours, spread over 2 days!

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Cheers dwarfmarin.

I think I have seen it. It's good to know someone that knows a few tricks. Had a few magna's come through my old work, should have chosen to do the ones that needed plugs lol.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few guys to check out what I'm getting into. And since I'm new here hopefully meet some new mates :)

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Welcome Alex, good luck with your search, hope you find one soon, the best bang for your buck mod is a tune from the resident tuning wizard Steve [TME_Steve] you can find him in my signature.

Cheers Phil

P.S. I'm on the Central Coast

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Thanks Phil

Yeah I know the benefit of a tune. Even with a rubbish tune on the GTR I got an extra 25awkws :).

When I get into one, ill take it to him for a tune :)

Top Bottom