stefan aka stefan // NSW

G

Unregistered
Hi guys

Im a new 93 HJ galant v6 24v owner. Got it for $2000 with 113000kms and its in good shape, loving the car as it is but would like to put the 6a12tt in it, I have found a half cut for $2000 with 56000kms.
Just like to know if there is anything i should look out for when doing the swap. And is there any problems getting rego in nsw? The car will be fwd auto till i can get the diff and tail shaft.
Looking to get some good info from you guys as im new to the galants, had a 84 sigma as my first car years ago and loved that car.

G

Unregistered
can anyone tell me is it much work to get my auto box working with the manual wiring loom, what would i have to do? I know its been done before but not sure on what would have to be done? plz plz any info would be good, or should i look for a 5 speed manul box? HELP

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the site Stefan. You're in for a hell of a lot of work there... There are a few threads around already discussing engine swaps, hit up the search button and see what you can see :) We have a number of members who have gone this route in the past and interestingly come to the conclusion that buying a gen8 VR4 is a whole lot easier!

G

Unregistered
Thanks siliconangel, I know there is a lot of work to make it 4wd but im not going to do this anyway now. All i need to know is if my fwd auto box will bolt up to the 6a12tt and is there much work with the manual wire loom, computer etc that i have to change.I have looked but carnt find much about it. By the way im a fitter so changing the motor wont be to much work as long as its all bolt up.
Just want to find out as much info before i buy the halfcut.. thanks again peoples.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
...and that would be enough work to keep you busy :)

Welcome aboard Stefan :)

Top Bottom