Tanabe Coilovers - Experiences?

G

Unregistered
Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Tanabe Sus-tec Pro Coilovers? Either the S-S variety or the GF types? Or with the quality of Tanabe in general??:cautious:

I've ran a couple of different searches, a few mentions of the spring kit but not the coilover kits. I know they are a bit pricey but a number of cheap sets are popping up of Yahoo Japan so I was a bit curious.

Cheers for any info.

G

Unregistered
Wodjno on CVR4 had these and was very happy with them. He didn't have any camber issues or grounding problems with them

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
My car has these, not sure which type. Never had any problems with them and they allow a pretty good range of adjustment according to pedders who lowered them for me. So yeah my experience is a good one.

G

Unregistered
Starting to sound pretty good. Reviews for other models are pretty damn good too.

Don't think I can complain about $900+ shipping can I??

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
I got tanabe on my series 1. been really nice, lowered, coilovers, until recently...... drivers rear started leaking and could hear it topping out. took it to place i got car from when i 'had' to have it seviced by them for the warranty side of things. they said they make that noise when the bushings harden up after a few years. took it to pedders for a wheel alignment asked them to check it out. fine they said, dont think they actually checked. but this weekend sounds like there is a monkey with a spanner in my wheel arch bashing away over every bump. got to go hassle car place and see if warranty actually means warranty - if not.....$$$$:eek:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Don't forget Daniel to also look for a monkey with a spanner in your wheel arch.

You just never know ! :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
aren't Tanabe Sustec Pro rebuildable?!

also how would anyone compare them to the stock suspension? I'm just after a comfortable ride.. but really good when handling is needed..

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
I found my monkey......

blown seal and also broke a spring:eek:hmy:!!

any one want 3 tanabe's? rear drivers side has seen better days.....:sad:

Top Bottom