Tein Low Down Spec Cool Style Master

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Hey Guys i bought my leggy last october and have just started to look at improving the handelling side of things, it came with tein coil overs, the model is "low down spec cool style maser type wagon", i've done quite a bit of searching to find out some info on them but done seem to be able to find anything, so i was wondering if any one else has them or knows anything about them like spring rate, how good or not they are etc...if anyone does have and knowledge of them i would love to hear your thoughts on them.
cheers Lee.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They will be 5kg F and 3kg R and are a reasonable set, nothing amazingly good though. Increasing the size of the anti roll bars and getting better wheels and tyres will be a good option. What sort of tyres do you have on there and what size are they?

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Brad the wheels im now running are osaka zeus 18 x 7.5 with federal 595 ss 225 35 i think off the top of my head, they deffinatly reduced understeer quite a bit, due to the reduced profile and a larger contact area i guess. I cant see any adjusters apart from the collars so they are more lowering shocks then rather than performance?
You think that just a set of stiffer roll bars will be all i really need to do rather than a new set of shocks?
Emanuel i think that that data sheet is for the newer models as mine are "low down spec cool style maser type wagon" and not basic or super or GT and the part numbers are different.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'd upgrade to some better performance tyres, such as Goodyear F1 Assymetric, Bridgestone RE-01R, or Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec. 225/40/18 is the correct size btw.

As for the suspension, it might be simply worn out and the shocks may be screwed. You may be best to get them tested if you really think something is wrong with them.

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Hey again guys i have been looking around for some new shocks, iv found a set of HAs for $650, iv done quite a bit of looking around for some useful info on them but cant seem to find anything, no review or anything, does anyone run them and if so what do you thing?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Hey again guys i have been looking around for some new shocks, iv found a set of HAs for $650, iv done quite a bit of looking around for some useful info on them but cant seem to find anything, no review or anything, does anyone run them and if so what do you thing?

I have them, they are great, if you don't buy them for $650 (as long as they are in good condition) your brain doesn't work well.

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
lol great, thanks for that tim, thats exactly what i wanted to hear, do you know what the spring rates are?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I don't sorry. They came fitted to my car when I imported it so I don't know much about them other than that they ride really well even at what is close to their lowest setting.

I've actually thought about bumping the damping force up a few notches, such is the softness of the ride.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I think they are 9KG and 7KG, but I have the super wagons (5kg and 3kg) set on maximum, and they could easily be firmer.....

Top Bottom