The Mitsubishis we didn't get

G

Unregistered
that thing is cool!
is that an external gate hanging off the manifold?

G

Unregistered
no its a lancer wagon,
1.8L 4g93T was there powerplant,

it was the evos, little bothers fat assed bother :p

we had lancer evo-1, 2,3's and the lancer GSR which was the 1.8T, and the libero wagon which was also 1.8t
all 4WD and same basic shape

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, Australia has a VERY protective policy in regards to automotive manufacturers.

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Did you get the 3000GT 3L, twin turbo, 4WD, 4WS ?

Attachments

• i-vr4_022_copy.jpg
    i-vr4_022_copy.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 26

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
We got the early model 3000GT in Australia. It only ran for a few years, it was the model with the pop up lights, early 1990's I think. There are a few import GTO's around the place too.

G

Unregistered
What the hell is it with Mitsubishi only sending the pissy assed cars over to Australia and whats there facination with fwd cars, its just plain nutts.

They have all this technology and research behind them in AWD and turbos and the '00 "Ralliart" Magna still comes out in a fwd. And the only AWD Magna they brought out here in Australia only came in an Auto.

Ive started discribing my car (Galant VR-4 sporting Recaro seats and Momo stearing wheel) as the way the Magna Ralliart should have been built. What was Ralliart thinking when they added there name to a Magna with a body kit.

It makes me so mad :mad:

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Oh I just wanna scream! :p

Calm down my friend, as you probably haven't lived in Australia for long you haven't had to deal with overpriced shit... And there it is on the street - "Australia is full of overpriced shit"! Anything you can get anywhere else is double in Australia and Triple in NZ!

Any questions? :)

G

Unregistered
Oh I just wanna scream! :p

Calm down my friend, as you probably haven't lived in Australia for long you haven't had to deal with overpriced shit... And there it is on the street - "Australia is full of overpriced shit"! Anything you can get anywhere else is double in Australia and Triple in NZ!

Any questions? :)

Ive been a Aussie all my life. And i have had to deal with overpriced shit. Thats why i ended up with a Magna for my second car and thats why the only mods it ever received were ICE and a front strut bar. I looked into getting a stage 3 twin turbo kit from WA but $8000 was a bits steep to pay.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
NZ prices on new cars are worse than AU, but because of the free-for-all import market overall cars are MUCH cheaper in NZ.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Oh yeah I forgot about that, yes car's are cheaper... But most things are quite expensive there aren't they? Day to day stuff, I remember going over to NZ I spose it was a while ago but prices were on average higher even with the dollar difference???

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hmmm not sure on average - petrol is worse in NZ, fruit and vege better (no droughts), lower import duties help keep prices down.

Would be interesting to see a big comparison... but we are getting very off topic (as usual) :)

Lee

Top Bottom