This story gets my blood boiling...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I just refuse to go along with it when there's something that is obviously trying to make me feel a certain way. Opinion pieces masquerading as news.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
You are doubting the validity of it simply because it's come from News Ltd?

Would pictures of blood & brain matter suffice as evidence enough for you? Your statement detracts from what this man had been put through.
It happens here as well in the Umina/Ettalong/Woy Woy area. Scumbag kids getting around in gangs trying to bignote themselves. My parents holiday in that area & they are always having to report things being stolen by them. My dad confronted them one day & copped a nice kinghit.

Charming fellows.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yes, I am. When a story is that one sided, how the hell can you judge its validity? I mean, do you believe anything on Fox News?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yes, I am. When a story is that one sided, how the hell can you judge its validity? I mean, do you believe anything on Fox News?

You can try interviewing the offenders if you liked. Though I doubt you'd get much more than "fully" & "sik" out of their mouths...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You can try interviewing the offenders if you liked. Though I doubt you'd get much more than "fully" & "sik" out of their mouths...

Balance doesn't necessarily mean speaking to both sides. It means even handed, sober reporting of facts.

"RAMPAGING teenage gangs have turned the streets of Tweed Heads into a lawless hell for residents" is not even handed, sober reporting of facts. It is fearmongering designed to demonise a segment of socity, playing to a target market in order to sell newspapers.

Do you not have a bullshit detector, dude?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Tim, I think as a society we are getting so used to seeing words like "Horror", "Shocking", "Hellish", etc. in newspaper headlines, that unfortunately the spin imparted by media framing goes unnoticed... :(

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You're right, and my comments shouldn't be read as necessarily "having a go". I'm saying that I think we all need to make a conscious effort to be better than these people who try to manipulate us.

Top Bottom