Times at Wakefield

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys,

I've had a quick look through the NSW section, and (thankfully) you guys do the odd trip to wakefield, but couldnt really find any listings of what times you guys were going, as such I was wondering what sorta times people have been getting down there? My MX5 was barely able to crack 1' 12" when running semi's on a cold winters day, so I'm interested to see what sort of times the VR4s can do

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
I did a 52.7 at Oran Park South today, my car has massive understeer :(

I will post my Wakefield park time when I get there.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
http://www.oranpark.com.au/the_track.php

Just confirming it is the green one Adam?

Ohh and I just read on wikipedia that it has been sold and will be turned into a housing development shortly? That makes me really sad, I loved racing on it in GTR2 and was planning on going there one day as it is one of my favourite tracks to race on in any game!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
A few members have been around there.... I'm sure they'll post their times in due course :)

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
Yes, its the green one. The last race day at Oran park is on 26th Jan 2010.

I have driven on the full GP course but the timing equipment didn't work and I didn't get any times. I am glad I got the chance to drive there, it is a great track.

aza013

Crunching Gears
First Name
Aza
Drive
FTO GP VR
Hi all (y) its been some time so I was thinking I should drop in and say HI lol

sorry for digging up an old post but when I seen it I was thinking I should post up some footage of my day out on the OP track before it shut down (sad times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUvyZ3shUoI

my lap times where 0:54.7380

I had some fun chasing down a GSR EVO turbo lol

and now for some sad pics

Oran_Park_Raceway_Bridge_2.jpg

image001hs.jpg

2yx1xdg.jpg

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL, Aaron, its missing something !!!!!!

The "Bat Out of Hell" soundtrack......:p

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Why would they do that, rip it up.. I'm sure there is more space around to build houses!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
They're afraid that the new residents will use the local streets as a race track ;)

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Change of zoneing. Privet owner. Money talks :(

aza013

Crunching Gears
First Name
Aza
Drive
FTO GP VR
LOL, Aaron, its missing something !!!!!!

The "Bat Out of Hell" soundtrack......:p
Lol I know, I was going to add it in but it just would not have been as good as the last track day footage you did :D

-T8- as far as the old owner go's I don't think it was really the money that made him sell as he owns most of the land on the other side of the road. He also owns narellan town center and the bigest dary farm in the southern side of the world.
He milks 3000+ cows a day lol.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Lol I know, I was going to add it in but it just would not have been as good as the last track day footage you did :D

LoL, the timing of that song I was listening to was uncanny

For everyone who's saying "what the" are they talking about

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Can I just add if you do slower than a 1:16 at Wakefield you're liable to be overtaken by a well-driven but stock Aurion Sportivo.

aza013

Crunching Gears
First Name
Aza
Drive
FTO GP VR
When I run Wakefield I run a 1:16.0 my best lap was a 1:15.4 but I know I can go faster, even more so now after I have done some laps with an instructor.

I will be looking at setting another track day up in one or two months so I will let you all know so we can all have some fun. Oh and Kitty no breaking your foot this time.

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Yeah best I managed with the old FTO motor (no nos) was a 1:17.1

I dare say with the 6A13 donk & the happy gas I'll tear at least 6-7 seconds off that.

Never got timed at Oran, but have done both GP & South circuits. Here's a vid that Aza took of me eating up a couple of Rexes on the souith circuit. Was on the old 6A12 motor, but had a 100hp of happy gas :D

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pg03m003qv1.flv

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
If the video timer is accurate I got you at about 54secs.

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
lol, why didn't I think of that.

Not bad considering I was held up for most of the lap :p

Top Bottom